Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Guru

Thumbs up Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Just had my first cigar in many months. Cuesta-Rey Centenario from the Dominican Republic. I bought this 6 months ago and it was pretty stale but I enjoyed it anyways. I had it with a Handy Rye 2009. The poor thing kept unraveling in my hand and I had a lot of spitting due to a considerable amount of saliva production while smoking. I assume that was due to the stale-ness. Nonetheless, I enjoyed sitting on the porch and pairing it with the rye.
    Back when I was smoking, I often enjoyed Cuesta Rey cigars. They were very good for the price.

A couple of weeks ago, I was at a cigar store to stock up on a few cans of General snus. I almost succumbed to the temptation to buy a good cigar and smoke it there in their smoking room. But, I knew it would be a steep, slippery slope, so I resisted the urge.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Taster

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Don Tomas Maduro Robusto, with some OWA on a nice, mild, sunny day on the patio. This is a very nice smoke. Extremely pleasant. I might have to keep these stocked all the time.

Guru

Last night on the bourbon deck I enjoyed a Casa Magna Colorado Toro (2008 cigar of the year) and a pour of 17 y/o Stitzel-Weller (Jefferson's Presedential Select). Sublime pairing.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

my wife asked me not to smoke this week. i dunno, something about bad habits and life health and stuff. whatever, i said its cool cuz i have a humidor im conditioning this week anyways. once thats ready to go, ill build the cigar collection up again.

Virtuoso

Searching through old posts for fellow pipe smokers, I found a suggestion for a pipe tobacco called Marlin Flake, so I ordered some.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Taster

It was bargain night around here the day before last. I had a Five Star bundle cigar from JR with an EC12. My bottle of EC12 is OK and seems like a real bargain for a 12yo at $22 in Cleveland. The Five Star smokes well and tastes pretty good for a mild, bundle cigar. I've got to quit buying cheap cigars, though; life is too short.

i usually try to buy a couple cheaper cigars and a couple nicer ones whenever i go to the shop. im always hoping to find a good value cigar that could be my go to cigar, so i dont feel bad about buying a pricey one every now and then. i found that La Vieja Habana is a decent cigar for under $3.

Taster

Today will be enjoying a Oliva Serie G Maduro Robusto on the way home. Supposed to be a good one, and I can hardly wait.

Taster

Waiting another day for the Olive Serie G, instead had a Partagas Black Label Bravo with some Old Fitz BIB.

Enthusiast

Woody, Have you ever tried an Oliva Serie V Ligero Especial? I have the Double Robusto and the Belicoso. They are excellent. If you get a chance, try one.
    Doug