Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 22 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Taster

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by fricky View Post
    Woody, Have you ever tried an Oliva Serie V Ligero Especial? I have the Double Robusto and the Belicoso. They are excellent. If you get a chance, try one.
    Doug
    Actually that's what I ended up having. I thought I picked up the G, but when I took it out last night, it was the V. Very nice. Probably one of the best I've had. I usually buy cigars 3-6 at a time, and usually keep trying different things (smoked cigars occasionally several years ago, but just recently took it up again). I'm looking for 2-3 that I really like, then will order in greater quantitiy online. This V is likely going to be one of the 3 unless I find 3 more that are better than this.

Enthusiast

Recently, I tried a La Traviata by CAO and thought that it was outstanding. Since my first trial, I purchased 2 boxes. During the recent Spring gathering in Houston, I was able to get a box for $93 plus tax. Prior to that , I was paid about $106 plus tax. If you get a chance, try one.

Taster

Searching for a daily smoker. Tried a H.Upmann 1844 churchill which wasnt too bad. Then tried a La Floridita Maduro Corona, hoping it would at least be decent. Reviews were very mixed, so I found one locally and tried it. Horrible. Hard draw, uneven burn throughout, and the taste and aroma was blah.

had a La Gloria Cubana last night along with some OF. i was excited to try it, but it had a very uneven burn and i thought it lacked flavor.

Taster

I just had a La Gloria Cubana the other day as well. I though it was decent. A bit on the mild side but ok none the less. Yesterday I had a Rocky Patel Edge. It was actually comparable to the La Gloria Cubana. Tonight I have a Kristoff Ligero Maduro Matador with some Willets Family Special Reserve.

Guru

Smoked a "Cain-F" ( By Oliva) 6 X 60, 100% Ligero. It was outstanding. I just bought another box.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Advanced Taster

Recently bought a brown bag sampler from Cigars International. After about a month's rest in the humidor I've tried:

Padilla Achilles
    El Mejor Emerald
    La Aurora Leonimos

All were underwhelming (burn issues, cracked wrapper, tastes like crap, etc). Can't bring myself to try the remaining 7.

Didn't come in the sampler but I have recently enjoyed an Alec Bradley Select Cabinet Reserve, CAO Gold and Oliva G.
    Tom Sangster
    Winterville, GA

Guru

Last night I relaxed outside with a A. Fuente Gran Reserva and paired it with an '08 ER17
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

tonight should be fun. im flying solo to a bluegrass show, and then i plan on relaxing with a drink and a smoke. i picked up some samplers a few weeks ago from 5 Vegas, Don Pepin, and Oliva. but i think ill go with the AF Hemingway that i purchased to cheer myself up after the US got knocked out of the World Cup.

Advanced Taster

Last night I took advantage of the cooler temps with a Fuente Don Carlos Belicoso and a couple pours of Lot B.
    Never ask a man if he is from Virginia. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, you don't want to embarass him.