Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 28 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Enjoying a Ramon Allones Small Club Corona..... great little cigar. These are May 2010 box code yet still smoking very nice....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Enjoyed a EO 601 Black Robusto before making dinner. I'm not normally a Connecticut wrapper smoker, but today it was quite nice, with a cafe au lait flavor following a lightly spiced opening. Medium-Full bodied.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Virtuoso

Ejoyed a Hoyo de Monterrey Pirimide from a special release 2004 humidor. I was gifted this cigar by a friend. Classic HdM flavor profile, rich creamy, very well constructed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

had a pregame 5 Vegas Relic last night. pretty tasty, but it burned a little hot. i dont think ill cut it as high up next time.

Virtuoso

I always find cigars taste better when enjoyed with friends.... and one of my "bestest" friends is Greg aka ggilbertva. One great gentleman to enjoy a cigar and a pour with.

Last evening we enjoyed a bit of beer, a few pours of bourbon, some great Firehouse sub shop sammies (thanks Greg!!!) and several cigars... Upmann Mag 48 EL.... one of my favorite new releases, Punch #11.... a discontinued offering and the Partagas Salamone LCdH.

One of those last minute get together that just makes life a little better...

Enthusiast

Got this 50 count brown paper wrapped package of corojo wrapper stogies at JR a few weeks back. I was suspect of the quality but jumped at the price. They are more pyramid than torpedo in shape and have smoked pretty damned good for the money ($69 for 50). I have smoked about 10 and have had 2 that smoked a bit hard but the other 8 were very nice producing some nice nut, spice and herb flavors.

Virtuoso

Enjoyed a very nice La Gloria Cubana last evening from the DR. La Gloria Cubana has always been one of my go to cigars, especially the natural wavell which I used to by when Ernesto just had a small shop in Miami in the 80's. Still priced very well for the quality you get.

The cigar I tried is a recent or soon to be released size called the Oblisk from their new "N" collection. Great size and shape, packed with flavor and perfect construction. Highly recommended.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Taster

Friday night was enjoyed with a La Gloria Cubana Corona Gorda. I smoke this cigar from time to time and always find it to be a good smoke, but the one I had on Friday was one of the best La Glorias I can remember.

Last night was a maduro Hoyo Excalibur No. 3 that was good, but suffered by comparison to the La Gloria Friday.
    Never ask a man if he is from Virginia. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, you don't want to embarass him.

Guru

Hoyo Habano Corona. First draw on this puppy showed a good bit of spice, earthy wood in the background. We'll see how this one transitions.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Virtuoso

Enjoyed one of my all times favorites... LGC Wavell natural last evening from about 2005. All those Havana only smokers miss out on some great cigars when they pass by a cigar like the Wavell....