Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 34 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Enjoyed a Fuente Hemingway Short Story.... another old favorite and always a solid performer.....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Advanced Taster

Enjoyed a Hoyo de Monterrey Des Dieux last night taking advantage of the unusually warm weather here in DC. Outstanding cigar.
    Never ask a man if he is from Virginia. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, you don't want to embarass him.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by rocky480 View Post
    Enjoyed a Hoyo de Monterrey Des Dieux last night taking advantage of the unusually warm weather here in DC. Outstanding cigar.
    I know that cigar well.....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by cigarnv View Post
    I know that cigar well.....
    Somehow I thought you might.
    Never ask a man if he is from Virginia. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, you don't want to embarass him.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by rocky480 View Post
    Somehow I thought you might.
    2002 .... the du Roi I think was a 1999... great siblings

Virtuoso

Last evening enjoyed a La Gloria that Ernesto did in 2001...... Rolled in the DR for what was his first and last "Trunk Show" cigar series. These were custom sticks rolled for a specific customer... great idea but I sense it was not financially fruitful..... Sadly these were outstanding cigars and sold for under $165 per box. At the 9+ year mark they are smoking very well and just starting to develop some vintage "attic" undertone flavors.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cigarnv; 09-26-2010 at 06:10.

Advanced Taster

It's a busy time at work, so I thought taking the lap top out on the deck and having a cigar would make working on a Saturday night a little more enjoyable. Started with a Fuente Hemmingway Signature. For some reason, this one just wasn't up to the usual level I expect from these cigars, so I followed it up with a Romeo y Julieta Habana Reserve toro. It was an enjoyable cigar, although I'd agree with the reviews I read that said it's not quite as full bodied as you'd expect and a little uncomplicated.

Guru

Today, on the Bourbon Deck I enjoyed a Padilla Corojo and a pour of the new Parker's Heritage 10 y/o Barrel Proof Wheater. Nice combination.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonJoe View Post
    Today, on the Bourbon Deck I enjoyed a Padilla Corojo and a pour of the new Parker's Heritage 10 y/o Barrel Proof Wheater. Nice combination.
    Joe
    Joe, that is a damn nice combination.... I bet the big front end sweetness from the PHC really complemented the Padilla....

Guru

Yesterday, I celebrated another Birthday with my family. My Father and son enjoyed their pipes while my brother and I enjoyed a cigar, my smoke being a Bolivar Belicoso from 2008 I believe.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog