Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 35 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

A the bourbon tasting today, Fricky gave me a "Cain-F" by Oliva. I believe this to be one of the best cigars I have ever smoked (and that would be many) and the equal of any Cuban IMO. Thanks Doug.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Advanced Taster

Maduro Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 last night balanced against a few seasonal beers. The natural 8-5-8 started me down the road of enjoying cigars many years ago, and I've always found it to be a good, enjoyable cigar.
    Never ask a man if he is from Virginia. If he is, he'll tell you. If he isn't, you don't want to embarass him.

Apprentice

Enjoyed some eagle rare with monte edmundos from 08 with gee-man. A good afternoon.

Virtuoso

Just a short one this evening.... ERdM Lunch Club.... a little flavor bomb...
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Advanced Taster

Well....I have a little cigar "problem" right now. I slipped the bands off some Cuban Cohibas and was going to claim they were Dominican and ship them home....But there is no tobacco allowed in the mail any more.

I have 70 days till I head home at the end of this contract and have probably 100 Cubans on hand (Romeo y Julieta, Partagas, Montecresto, Cohibas) that I am going to have to smoke before I leave.

Today when I got off work I had a Romeo y Julieta Churchill, and in a minute before going to bed I'm going to have a Partagas. But alas; no bourbon to go with them.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

La Aurora 107 Corona. Pretty enjoyable smoke, though having had the same stick in a Belicoso size, I'd have to say it wasn't quite as nice as the bigger stick...the belicoso was one of the best sticks I've had. Possibly the corona needs a bit more time, as it wasn't added to the line until the last minute, meaning the other sizes were rolled earlier and had a bit more rest before release. I'd expect the forthcoming lancero to need time as well.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

had a Cusano 18 Year Maduro last night. goes well with the Elmer T. Lee. a good way to kick-off the baseball post-season.

Advanced Taster

On the deck enjoying a Punch Punch and a glass of Lot B. 70 degrees in Iowa in October, hard to beat this.

Virtuoso

I had a Hemingway short story the other night with a co-worker- very good smoke. paired with GTS, Handy, and WT 8 year it was very enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by lrochau View Post
    On the deck enjoying a Punch Punch and a glass of Lot B. 70 degrees in Iowa in October, hard to beat this.
    nice. i have a 5 Vegas A burning on the deck today and i have the football games going on the laptop. just drinking beer with it since theres a full slate of games i have to be up for.