Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Connoisseur

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

McClelland's Acadian Ribbon in a MM spool.

Enthusiast

Enjoyed a couple of smokes over the last few days- one of the 5 Vegas Classic torpedoes I mentioned earlier; medium, good, but not a standout. A Cusano 18 which burned nearly perfectly and was a very nice medium bodied smooth smoke; and a little splurge- bought a little Graycliff lonsdale while out and about Saturday....a little pricey, but a nice treat.

Enthusiast

I finished the last stick of my box of A. Fuente Hemingway Signature Prefectos on the front porch after the sun set with a pour of JB Devils Cut. I really like these and have another box due to be delivered on the 13th.

I envy you guys with smoke shops in your towns as I have to order all my smokes.
    Greg
    Southeast New Mexico

Disciple

I got in an online order today and ended up breaking out and Indian Tabac Tomahawk Maduro. It was ok. Not much smoke volume, not much flavor. I didn't hate it but I won't be buying more.

I'm gonna head to the shop this week and see if I can find any J Fuego products. I want to try those Origen Originals.

~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Connoisseur

Last summer, 3 old friends and myself went 1/4s on a Pappy 20. Beginning Nov '10 and ending tomorrow, we all turn 40. 4 pours over 4 birthdays. So tonight we are celebrating my 40th, and the bittersweet ending of a wonderful bottle of bourbon. I will be enjoying a Fuente God of Fire with the last of the Pappy.

Advanced Taster

I just came in from the deck where I burned another one of "my little Cuban friends" that followed me home from Ramadi, enjoyed a little Thomas H Handy with it.........man am I feeling mellow right now!!

Connoisseur

The big 4 0 . I had a smallish pour of ORVW 10/90 last night to get going. Then we each had our last pour from the Pappy 20. Magnificent, I swear it got better from its opening in Nov '10. I had a Fuente God of Fire specifically for the occasion, but things were running later than planned and it was rather large. A good friend had brought me a more manageably sized Fuente Opus X as a present. Lit midway through the Pappy and lasted through the few 10/90s that followed.

Tonight much more low keyed. Karen and myself on the front porch. I had a Cuban torpedo given to me awhile back from a well-traveled friend. It went nicely with the PHC10 that I had purchased for myself for this day.

I have certainly been spoiled the past few days with the selection of Bourbon and cigars, but you have to celebrate the big ones.

Enthusiast

Samuel Gawith's Full Viginia Flake in a Peterson 312 pre-Republic

Enthusiast

Due to the kindness of a fellow SB'er I found a care package in my mailbox. In it was a sample of Reid & Emerald #2 Willett 133.2 pf. Also there were three Habana cigars.

I sampled a Romeo Y Julieta Desde 1875 on my porch with a pour of Wild Turkey 101. The draw was tight but it was wonderful. It's been a long time since I was surrounded by the fragrant blue white smoke of a Habana cigar.

I am saving the Willett for this weekend. I have nosed it and it is intriguing. Can anybody give me some background on it.
    Greg
    Southeast New Mexico

Enthusiast

Tonight after the sun set from another 104 degree day I enjoyed a pour of Beam Devil's Cut accompanied by a La Flor Dominicana Double Legero. That hit the spot but I am so ready for winter. It's been over 100 degrees for so long with no rain I've quit counting.
    Greg
    Southeast New Mexico