Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Re: So what is everyone smoking?

Had a Cohiba Siglo I. Friend brought a bottle of Templeton Rye. Not a favorite of mine, particularly given the shady back-story. But it was an enjoyable break after a rough day.

Virtuoso

Last evening was a HDM Le Hoyo Des Dieux.... very nice cigar to go with a number of good whiskies.....
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Virtuoso

A "lost in the humi special"... one of those unbanded sticks you find in the humi and have no idea what it is.... this one was OK... but I suspect a DR with way too much age on it.
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Connoisseur

Oliva serie G with my OWA. it was a slow starter but is really getting good halfway through. Still not quite a short story to me.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by jtexaslonestar View Post
    Oliva serie G with my OWA. it was a slow starter but is really getting good halfway through. Still not quite a short story to me.
    Oliva has always been hit or miss (usually miss) for me.

Virtuoso

Saint Luis Rey Serie A ..... always a spot on cigar when they have some age on them.....

Novice

Today I enjoyed a Rocky Patel Royal Vintage and a glass of Jim Beam Black with water. A very nice combo that brought out a lot of flavors in both the cigar and the drink.
    The Royal Vintage was a great smoke. Iv had many Rocky Patels but this was the first Royal Vintage and it was a solid 8.9 out of 10. Very nice stick, great flavor, lots of thick smoke, easy draw, and typical perfect burn from and structure from a Patel. Got it from cigar.com and recommend it strongly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Virtuoso

Upmann PC 2006 last evening..... classic cigar in a great format...

Connoisseur

Didn't have much time for a smoke today, but really wasn't in the mood for the Bolivar Especial #5 that is usually my go to in such situations. So I dug in deep and found an old Montecristo 4 x 44. It was a short run product at the time (though apparently now it is a regular), that was on special at JR Cigars and I had purchased a couple of boxes of this little gem after trying one at the store.

Not particularly strong, it is a smooth draw easy smoke, with lots of chocolate and leather taste. We used to call these little things Tootsie Rolls back then, and smoking this I remember why. I don't know if the newer runs are still made (or taste) the same, but now I want to find out.

Since this was during yard work today, rather than bourbon it was paired up with Mayorga Roastmaster's Blend Coffee.

Connoisseur

I had problems with my previous bottle of FR1B pairing well with cigars but the '10 bottle i picked up today has found a friend with this Perdomo Noir . Very happy ending to a Monday .