Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Disciple

Re: BOTM, 5/08: Ten High

Quote Originally Posted by craigthom View Post
    I have a bottle of Ten High made in Peoria. It's my understanding that it's a better bourbon now that Barton is making it, so I'm going to leave it in the bottle for now.
    I also have a Hiram Walker Ten High....I would not say it is better.....just different. They are totaly different from the get-go....with the HW version being lighter and more sophisticated in the nose and front and mid pallet. The Barton version is a more traditional bourbon style with more action in the char and barrel range.

Neither is a full bodied bourbon. They are really two different ends of a bourbon flavor spectrum within the medium body range.

Jeff Mo.

Enthusiast

I have a bottle of Ten High and I do not prefer it neat since it causes a stomach burn. I'd prefer JBW or Early Times if I'd drink sth. neat. However, I use it as a mixer with lemonade ove ice cubes or for preparing mint julep, and this time I can enjoy.

Guru

I have a dusty (mid 80's) of HW Ten High but it's in a 1.75L jug. Not gonna pop that open just yet. It's interesting as the bourbon, even at 80 proof, is a dark, rich color. I had another bottle that I gave away that was a much lighter color. My belief is that the bottle I have contains glut whiskey.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog