Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Taster

Knob Creek: Yay or nay?

Howdy,

I've been drinking Bourbon for less than a year now. I began with JBB and now it's my favorite. I'm not really as enthusiastic or experienced with Bourbon as most of you.
    My bourbon consumption is done 85% of the time as a nightcap with 2 oz. of JBB or JBW in a small glass of Diet Coke. BTW, i drink Diet Coke all day!
    I've also experimented with WT101 and liked it, but decided to sample a pricer Bourbon: Knob Creek. I'm disappointed with KC.
    After going through most of a bottle ( 2 oz. w/ Diet Coke & ice), I've got to say that KC just isn't to my taste. The "nose" for JBW gives me corn flakes, some caramel..and Listerine. JBB: Char, corn flakes and some Licorice.
    But with KC, I just can't get a read out of the bottle, nose-wise. Consumed in Diet Coke, KC just doesn't seem to pull it's weight-for the money. Anyone else?
    I understand that KC is popular, but I wonder if I'm alone in failing to be impressed with KC. I vote "Nay". YMMV.

Eggman

Re: Knob Creek: Yay or nay?

Yay! I Like it. When I want a good stiff bourbon and Coke, KC is what I have. I like it so much, I have enough bunkered away to last me quite a while. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

KC in not in my favorites list, but I like it just fine. It is a good, solid bourbon with loads of flavor. That said, I haven't bought any in several years, either.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Guru

My sentiments mirror Tim's. I don't keep any at the house but I do occasionally have some at a restaurant or bar. I've never mixed it with Coke. I'm not a bourbon and Coke drinker. Incidentally, I'm a die-hard diet Coke drinker too. I like the occasional JD and Coke, but never with diet, it has to be regular. I've even tried Coke Zero, but it just doesn't taste right to me.

Enthusiast

I enjoy Knob Creek when out at a bar, mixed with Cola, or perhaps tailgating in the fall. It's not one of my favorite, go-to pours, but I don't turn it down, if offered.
    ____
    Chris

Trippah and Admin

My scotch drinking friend keeps KC around for when non malt drinkers (like me) stop by. I enjoy it straight, on the rocks and mixed with cola, though I don't have a bottle of it around the house. My brother-in-law used to give me a bottle of it for christmas every year and this year he changed up and gave me some Blanton's.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

Thumbs up Re: Knob Creek: Yay or nay?

Quote Originally Posted by callmeox View Post
    My brother-in-law used to give me a bottle of it for christmas every year and this year he changed up and gave me some Blanton's.
    Nice change. Blanton's is one of my top favorites.

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Connoisseur

Nay. I only drink KC if there's nothing else available, or if the other choice is reduced to JB White or JD. But if it comes to spending $25-$30+ for a new bottle there are so many better choices out there.
    • • •
    Mark

I love him whose soul squanders itself, who wants no thanks...for he always gives away and does not want to preserve himself.
    -Nietzsche

Taster

I like it OK, but I don't plan on ever buying another bottle, considering what else can be had for the same price or less.

Guru

Yay but not at the premium price... Like others I'll drink it when out and it's the best available. But when it comes to buying a bottle: there are many better values available.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."