Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Disciple

Re: What are you drinking this morning? summer 08

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
    Starting this thread off right......Old Charter 7yr Bottled in Bond. This stuff is great!
    Alright........

Since I jumped the gun a little last night....Old Charter Bib for breakfast. It'sssssssss GRRRRReattte! Don't be afraid of the tiger.

Jeff Mo.

Taster

A little Evan Williams Black tasted perfect this morning.

I did not care for Evan Williams Black last winter when I drank it at 65 to 70 degrees, but recently at 70 to 80 degrees I am finding it very nice.

I keep repeating myself, but these younger whiskeys taste best at higher temperatures.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dave ziegler View Post
    Good Old Coffee in the morning for me no drinks till the day is done! I have noticed that alot of younger people do not drink coffee any more, but having a coke with eggs still seems weird to me!
    Dave Z
    Old Hickory America's Most Magnificent Bourbon
    ======================================
    I never drink in the morning.

Although I drink diet Coke like its going out of style, I very rarely drink pop with a meal and certainly never with breakfast. I drink milk or tea ( Irish or English breakfast tea) in the morning with breakfast and during the warm months plain old 'Lipton' ice tea. I buy it like all tea; "loose" (in the half pound boxes) never tea bags.

I only rarely drink coffee. You are right many people my age and younger simply don't drink coffee. Those of my parent's generation and older are quite the opposite. When people come to visit, that's the first thing they do. Put a pot of coffee on.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by fog View Post
    I would like to have a thread like the other, but this one to celebrate drinking in the morning.

It was Rare Breed for me this morning.
    I was down in San Francisco over the weekend, judging beer at Samuel Adams Longshot competition. We start judging beer at 9:30 or so. It was an easy and very nicely run event. After the judging we usually move on to an assortment of spirits and other things.

I really don't have much problem with drinking in the morning, tho I like to get a good breakfast and some tea in me first.

Lessee, of the spirits we had brought with us (six guys on a road trip) we had Bowmore 15yo, Highland Park 12yo, Port Ellen 22yo, ORVWRR 13yo, Two Cognacs I can't remember the names of, Bakers, some kinda rum, Hirsch 20yo, and another assortment of beers.

We travel well loaded ;-)

RW

Connoisseur

After an hour of spinning, drenched with sweat, a Grande Iced Americano from *$.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

Apprentice

Starbucks Breakfast Blend. No alcohol. Had an appointment with the weights this morning. But after my workout went to the club pool and I had some of the premade TGI Friday's Long Island Tea. It was a perfect by the pool, hot summer day drink. But now I am having some BT neat and working up a good buzz. I will have a Miller Lite with the homemade ziti my wife is cooking. Then I will finish the night off with some borbon mixed with club soda and ginger ale. I will have to throw in some chugs off water to combat the dehydration I will undoubtedly experience during my good ole Army PT tomorrow morning. Cause I can run all day I can run all night I can run right through a fire fight. Cause I'm H-A-R-D-C-O-R-E. Hardcore Everyday. A-I-R-B-O-R-N-E. Leads the way. Am I brainwashed Neverrrrrrrr!!!!!

Guru

If drinking until the morning counts.. Then, ER101, WT101, FR120th, WTKS unfltered, Weller Julios, and a couple others

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by spun_cookie View Post
    If drinking until the morning counts....
    If that counts, I may have to revise my previous post when I said "I never drink in the morning"

Guru

Miller Light Breakfast Beer on Sunday
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Virtuoso

I try not to drink too early (although I never understood the stigma attached to it). It all depends on how early I get my day started as to when I feel like having a drink. The earliest is usually around 10:30 and then I like to have a beer - usually a wheat ale. For bourbon I usually wait til at least 3 because I use my bourbon as a companion when sitting in my chair relaxing - and that usually doesn't come until later in the day.

Most mornings I am drinking coffee: I love Ethiopian Harrar.