Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Refrigerator

Refrigerator

I put vodka in the frig. What is wrong with putting bourbon in the frig. ?

Enthusiast
    We set out as men of reason, armed with Navy Colts.

Mr. Anal Retentive Bourbon Drinker

Re: Refrigerator

If it your bourbon and you like it cold, put it in the frig. I would suggest splitting a bottle and placing half in frig. Then do a side by side, cold vs. room temp. and compare yourself.

Guru

I absolutly agree. Having experimented with various whiskeys at different proof points when making Old Fashioneds and Manhattans, to my taste, the water that dilutes the drink is important. Besides, too much alcohol at too low a temp is distasteful. I'm not a rocks drinker. Except for low proof (80) Irish whiskeys. Just my .02

Virtuoso

I agree with all that's been said...except all that refers to making a cocktail, what if he just wants chilled whiskey neat for the summer! Put it in the fridge if you like I keep my current EWBL in the mini fridge by the bar! Then you can sit out side and try to detect the changes in you pour as it return to the wonderful summer temps.

As I've read here many times before! You bought it, it's yours drink it anyway you like!

Cheers!

Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Enthusiast

You are perfectly within your rights to enjoy your bourbon as though it were Gatorade.
    We set out as men of reason, armed with Navy Colts.

Virtuoso

I'll sleep so much better now that I have your permission!

Thanks SLOB!

AC
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Guru

[quote=ACDetroit;126613...As I've read here many times before! You bought it, it's yours drink it anyway you like!

Cheers!

Tony[/quote]

Of course.

I was only giving my opinion and taste impressions of higher proofs at low temps.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

If Booker can put his bourbon in the fridge (freezer really), who are we to say you can't?

I recently stuck the last of a bottle of Bookers in the freezer to see what it tasted like, and totally enjoyed it. It wasn't better than room temperature, but it wasn't worse either. And it was quite refreshing on a hot summer evening.

Connoisseur

I've only had cold bourbon twice and both times I didn't really enjoy it. The taste is different and it doesn't have a good mouthfeel to me.
    /\../\

"I've had eighteen straight whiskies, I think that's the record . . ." - Dylan Thomas