Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Connoisseur

Hello from Louisville

Since I first stumbled onto Straightbourbon a few weeks ago, I've been so impressed...not just that there was more info on bourbon than I've ever seen before, but that you guys are real fans sharing your enthusiasm with members and non-members alike. After daily visits for the past few weeks, I'm hooked!

Thanks, Joe

Guru

Re: Hello from Louisville

Joe, welcome to SB.com. You will find a ton of information within these forums. Make liberal use of the search function and don't be afraid to ask questions. Lots of knowledgeable people willing to help.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Virtuoso

Joe welcome aboard! God to have you, you will find the knowledge base here will exceed you interest in whiskey but let it grow on you! The site will! The folks here can really answer all your questions and have on many of mine!
    Enjoy you whoskey journey as this is a great place to start it...so I've learned!!

Cheers!
    Tony
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

From one Joe to another, welcome. You'll love it here. I know I do. I'm a pretty new member myself. I've only really been into bourbon about 6 or 8 months, and I get info and recommendations here that help me with my growing bourbon obsession. I'm starting to try different bourbons and the info here has helped with some of my choices. Hope it's fun for you. Joe C.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Taster

Welcome aboard. Like you I am pretty new here as well although I've been a bourbon drinker for about 2...3....5....uh, 25 years. But until I found this site and started reading about the different bourbons, and then the forums reading about the different recommendations, tastes, etc. I thought bourbon was Maker's Mark, Old Grand Dad and Jim Beam. I never realized there were so many, and so many great ones. You will enjoy this place so tell your friends.
    "You can't bluff an idiot." T. J. Cloutier

Novice

Hey Joe, Welcome to a fellow Louisvillian. I'm still new here myself. The great thing is....no one holds that against you. SB is a great place to learn and experience new bourbons. Whether it's Maker's or Pappy...or god willing Jim Beam White (which I do not mind) everyone has their own opinion. I enjoy the fact that the price of the bottle does not hinder people's opinion.....

Connoisseur

Thanks for the welcome! It's funny, the thing that prompted me to look for bourbon info on the web and eventually find this site was a friend at work. He and I enjoy bourbon and discuss what we think of each one we try. Now that I've found SB.com, I told my friend about it and he's checking it out. But I wanted to know if anyone had an opinion on J W Dant? He says he just bought a bottle and likes it, but I haven't seen it mentioned in any of the forums.

-Joe

Enthusiast

WEelcome to SB.com!

Guru

Welcom to the pub... enjoy the stay.., much to do and much to see

Welcome aboard, Joe. Glad you found us here!

You couldn't really live in a better place being a bourbon fan!

Cheers!

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra