Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: A Boston Hello

A Boston Hello

Hi All.
    I just joined up with Straight Bourbon. Needless to say, I'm a big fan of both scotch and bourbon. At home, my regular bottles are Basil Hayden's, Glenfiddich 15 and Oban. Nothing beats a Jack and Coke with a lime, so I usually have that in stock, too.
    I also have a bi-weekly (every two weeks) poker game with other scotch and bourbon enthusiasts. There's always some new interesting beverage at that game to sample and I keep track of our experiences in my blog. Good to know that there's an active community out here though. Looking forward to it!
    “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.” - Elvis Presley

Scotch and Bourbon Review

Guru

Re: A Boston Hello

Welcoem to the group. You have a few fellas up there and a great whiskey store (Julio's) that has a crazy collection of whiskeys....

A toast to you sir...

Hmm. Julios? I'll google that. Thanks.
    “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away.” - Elvis Presley

Disciple

Howdy!

Glad you found the place. Hope that you enjoy your time here, and post frequently. Sounds like your group has fun trying new bottles each week. If you like BH and Jack....you might also like Old Grand Dad 86,100 & 114 -or- George Dickle white or black......Both are very tasty and a few $$ less than your regular pours.

Again, welcome to the Board!

Jeff Mo.

Welcome, Let the fun begin. Hope you enjoy it here. I know I sure do. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

I haven't had an Old Grand Dad in a while. A long while. Yep, may have to pick up a bottle. But before I do, I'm going to order a couple of shots at the local watering hole to refresh my memory.

Disciple

Basil Haydens and OGD should be very similar....they come from the same recipe at Beam. The only difference should be age and proof. Hope you enjoy!

Jeff Mo.

Disciple

Not a big scotch fan, but I do appreciate that Glenfiddich 15 (maybe it's the bourbon casks!)

Agree with the others that you'll enjoy some of the OGD expressions if you like BH.

And I agree w/Mr. Cookie that you need to check out Julio's in Westboro -- I made my first visit just a week ago and promise to return!
    Kevin

"Clears up her head with bourbon/Cause beer is so suburban/And declasse for what it's worth"

Advanced Taster

Welcome aboard sir. A cursory look at your blog looks very interesting. I'll be sure to do some reading there.
    Ron

ECONOMY, n. Purchasing the barrel of whiskey that you do not need for the price of the cow you cannot afford”
    - Ambrose Bierce

Virtuoso

Welcome and I third that about Julio's in Westboro. Great place to get just about any kind of whiskey. Sign up for their newsletter as they announce 15% off whiskey sales once in a while and that can save you a bunch.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!