Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1415
  1. #21
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

    Let me know about the Aberlour 16 as well. Cheers!
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

  2. #22
    Taster
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    53

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

    I picked up an Ardbeg 10 and tried it for the 1st time today. It blew me away with it's depth of character. I have a new favorite single malt.

    (At least for this week!)

  3. #23
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Flamborough, Ontario
    Posts
    773

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

    Damn, they just stopped selling Ardbeg in my area

    Today I picked up Woodford Reserve ($7.50 off) and Forty Creek Barrel Select. The Barrel Select is really starting to grow in me; until now I had thought of it as overrated...

  4. #24
    Taster
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    53

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

    I bought a Forty Creek a while back that I thought was OK, but it didn't sing for me and I don't anticipate going back for more. But as far as Canadian, I've just stocked up with several bottles of Wiser's Very Old. One of the local grocery stores mistakenly restocked the Wiser's Deluxe with a case of the Very Old, and sold it for $14.50 a bottle. I felt a little bit guilty, but not enough so as to correct them. Seller beware!



    (I really don't drink much Canadian anymore, but it will always be fond since Seagram's VO was my gateway drug into whiskey drinking, back in my early 20's.)

  5. #25
    Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Flamborough, Ontario
    Posts
    773

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by jpact View Post
    I bought a Forty Creek a while back that I thought was OK, but it didn't sing for me and I don't anticipate going back for more. But as far as Canadian, I've just stocked up with several bottles of Wiser's Very Old. One of the local grocery stores mistakenly restocked the Wiser's Deluxe with a case of the Very Old, and sold it for $14.50 a bottle. I felt a little bit guilty, but not enough so as to correct them. Seller beware!



    (I really don't drink much Canadian anymore, but it will always be fond since Seagram's VO was my gateway drug into whiskey drinking, back in my early 20's.)
    Wow, you lucky bugger! Wiser's Very Old is fantastic, and at that price they might as well give it away for free. Screw correcting them! In Canada the price has gone up to $45 a bottle, which is still pretty reasonable for an 18-year-old whisky.

  6. #26
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sugar Land, Tx
    Posts
    100

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    Let me know about the Aberlour 16 as well. Cheers!
    I opened the Aberlour 16 last night. I recently also opened A'bunadh batch #16 last weekend. I prefer the A'bunadth to the Aberlour 16. The 16 has a peppery taste but the A'bunadh has more sherry taste. Other than that the color and taste are very similar.

  7. #27
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NW Burbs of Chgo, IL
    Posts
    172

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

    Glenmorangie original 10 year old

  8. #28
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,399

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by jpact View Post
    I picked up an Ardbeg 10 and tried it for the 1st time today. It blew me away with it's depth of character. I have a new favorite single malt.

    (At least for this week!)
    I can't seem to find the Ardberg anywhere
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

  9. #29
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NW Burbs of Chgo, IL
    Posts
    172

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    I can't seem to find the Ardberg anywhere
    http://shoppersvineyard.com/product_new.asp?pID=10638

    You will not find it any cheaper! Order up!

  10. #30
    Advanced Taster
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Texas
    Posts
    247

    Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gov View Post
    http://shoppersvineyard.com/product_new.asp?pID=10638

    You will not find it any cheaper! Order up!

    Wow! That's a fantastic price!

    ~tp

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter'07/'08
    By OscarV in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 352
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 18:50
  2. What bourbon did you purchase today? (Fall '07)
    By mgilbertva in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 443
    Last Post: 12-31-2007, 18:26
  3. What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer '07
    By jbutler in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 297
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 17:34
  4. What bourbon did you purchase today? Winter/Spring '07
    By jbutler in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 383
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 00:38
  5. What bourbon did you purchase today?
    By NorCalBoozer in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 600
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 23:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top