Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 23 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Novice

Re: Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?

Finally found a bottle of Balvenie Madeira locally... curious to compare it to my Edradour Madeira from a couple of years ago.

Enthusiast

Glenmorangie gift pack - 4 100ml bottles of Original, Lasanta, Quinta Ruban & Nectar D'or for $29.99. Actually bought 2 packs - looking foward to trying all the bottles over the hoidays.
    TJ

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    I've been living on a fairly steady diet of Highland Park 12 at $35 a bottle and would kill to pick up the HP 18 but can't stomach the $100 price tag, for which I can just about buy three bottles of the HP 12.....did get lucky though not long ago when I snagged a Lagavulin 16 for $55 ($90 at Binny's!), Talisker 10 for $51 and an Ardbeg 10 for $43.
    Agree 100% on the HP12 v HP18. Tried enough of the 50ml pours to know that while the HP18 is very good, its not worth the $116 OTD price tag around here. Can still get HP12 for $45/bottle which includes the 50ml gift bottle of HP18. Lagavulin 16 is $88 a bottle in MI so not on the "to buy list". Ardbeg 10 yr has dropped $20 in price - $69.95 to $49.95 in the past six months. Don't know why but don't care and needless to say picked up a couple of bottles. Today got a bottle of Macallan cask strength. This will also be a frequent holiday pour.
    TJ

Connoisseur

Picked up a Glen Flagler 1973 the other day.

Illuminati in training

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by The Boozer View Post
    Agree 100% on the HP12 v HP18. Tried enough of the 50ml pours to know that while the HP18 is very good, its not worth the $116 OTD price tag around here. Can still get HP12 for $45/bottle which includes the 50ml gift bottle of HP18. Lagavulin 16 is $88 a bottle in MI so not on the "to buy list". Ardbeg 10 yr has dropped $20 in price - $69.95 to $49.95 in the past six months. Don't know why but don't care and needless to say picked up a couple of bottles. Today got a bottle of Macallan cask strength. This will also be a frequent holiday pour.
    TJ
    Finally got a deal on the HP18 which came to $78 with tax. It was a semi-dusty with an old price tag on it. Sadly, with the new Illinois tax increase on alcohol which went into effect on Sept. 1st, my stand-by HP12 jumped from $35 to $42. Still good value at that price but a bummer just the same. I'll have to keep a lookout for the HP12 that comes with the little HP18 50ml as a bonus, as I'd like to compare the current HP18 with my bottle from a few years ago. Man, that's a great thing when something like Ardbeg 10 drops in price by $20! Let me know what you think of the Macallan Cask Strength. I spied a bottle recently for $60 and I'm guessing it's been sitting on the shelf a few years waiting for a nice home.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Guru

That 1973 Glen Flagler sures looks awesome. And handsomely packaged too! I'm guessing that's a "special occasion" bottle for you but I'm interested to know what you think of it when you finally crack it open. Thanks for the picture, AVB.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

got a bottle of Glenmorangie Necto D' or, the wife and I had a drink of it, very tasty, dont know all the tasting review language, just know my nose liked it, my mouth and tongue really enjoyed it, and the throat savored it.

Guru

Just about to crack open my bottle of Sheep Dip. Richard Paterson, do your stuff. He's a true Master Blender, so I'm expecting a tasty pour.

Disciple

Got a 200ml Dewars 3 bottle set that contains a 12yr., 18yr. and Signature. Also purchased a 1L of Black Grouse. These were purchased at Detroit and Windsor duty free respectively this past weekend!

Thomas

Connoisseur

Picked up an Inverleven, Braes of Glenlivet and a Mosstowie..all Duncan Taylor bottlings.
    Dave G.