Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Advanced Taster

Re: I Need Help with T.W. Samuels Post Pro History.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Saw Mark at the Sampler this last week. Had a nice chat with him. I also took the time to take yet another person out to see the old distillery.
    Nice seeing you also Joe last spring. Had a great time with everyone. Found out a couple of interesting things while I was down there. First. going through the distillery again, I found some old warehouse records from the '50's and '60's. Apparently, my Uncle was leasing some warehouse space to Willet as some of there barrels were listed in the log. Also, I met the gentleman who owns strong spirits company. He told me he had just signed a lease agreement to barrel and age his bourbon in the old guaging building out in Deatsville. Nice to see some of the old buildings being used again to make bourbon!

Mark

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by fishnbowljoe View Post
    Saw Mark at the Sampler this last week. Had a nice chat with him. I also took the time to take yet another person out to see the old distillery.
    Also, thanks to Mauison for the nice comments. Nice to know there's that much interest in the old distillery!

Mark

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

As you probably know, Heaven Hill uses about half of the warehouses there and Maker's Mark uses the rest. For the new Parker's Heritage Collection "Promise of Hope" bourbon, Parker selected 100 barrels from his favorite rackhouse, which is EE at Deatsville. Interesting that his favorite is there and not on the Heaven Hill campus.