I've been lurking for a few months now, trying to learn more about this fabulous beverage called Bourbon.

I'm a native Ohioan about to turn 29 next month. I'm a Process Server and Electronic Musician (Synths and Drum Machines baby!). I cut my teeth on Knob Creek and Maker's Mark in my early days of irresponsible, underage "experimentation". I don't even know why I preferred those brands ten years ago when I knew NOTHING about whisky. I can clearly remember not being fond of Crown Royal and Scotch etc. Even though I used to shoot my whiskey (with a Coke chaser), there was something about Bourbon that kept me coming back.

I used to mostly drink beer and wine but now that I'm a bit more "grown up" I've been trying a LOT more Bourbon in the past year. I even took the Heaven Hill and Maker's Mark tours on one of my weekend trips to KY. That made me even more fascinated and curious.

To give you an idea of where I'm at right now, I'll give you a list of stuff I've currently got on my shelf. Most of it I recently purchased in West Virginia a couple weeks ago. They've got a lot better selection than Ohio does.

WV purchases (haven't found them in OH yet and didn't even know most were from HH until I got back home to the internet):

Heaven Hill (Black Label)
Henry McKenna
Fighting Cock
Old Whiskey River
W.L. Weller Centennial 10 (from Louisville)

OH purchases:

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit (05)
Maker's Mark
Jim Beam (Black Label)
Knob Creek

I've got them all open (except the Louisville W.L. Weller which I'm saving for a special occasion because I've heard it's killer and out of production). So far I like almost every Bourbon I've tried but many aren't on my shelf now.

I'll list my favorites in order of price:

Henry McKenna
Fighting Cock
Jim Beam (Black Label)
Maker's Mark
Evan Williams (Single Barrel)
Knob Creek

There's so many more I'd love to try, but pricing and availability are holding me back so far.

I'll be counting you all to give me guidance on my next trip to KY for my birthday dinner at Bourbon's Bistro!