Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Trace

Hybrid View

Buffalo Trace

Hi,

Im new to SB. I was in the local ABC store last night and they had three bottles of Buffalo Trace and I decided to try it. I was impressed, it was pretty good in my opinion and was wondering what you think about it?

DS

Irreverent One

Re: Buffalo Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Parker SxS View Post
    Hi,

Im new to SB. I was in the local ABC store last night and they had three bottles of Buffalo Trace and I decided to try it. I was impressed, it was pretty good in my opinion and was wondering what you think about it?

DS
    Welcome to SB.com!

BT is a favorite among many here. It arguably offers the best QPR of any corn/rye bourbon (cost in Oregon being $21.95).

You might want to give Weller Antique (7yo, 107proof) a try, which offers a great QPR in a corn/wheat bourbon (OR price being $19.95). There is a 7yo 90 proof version of the Weller (the Special Reserve) that usually costs a little less (though not here in OR, where they are inexplicably priced the same).

Parker SxS - you own one? What gauge?
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Guru

Welcome Parker... the stock BT is not one of my normal drinkers, but the entire BT trace is graet. Get some Stagg... that will put a smile on your face..

Guru

Parker,

Welcome to Straight Bourbon.

I've been drinking from a selected bottling of Buffalo Trace. I've really enjoyed it with one ice cube. This bottle will not last long and I'm hoping that I can replace it with more from the same bottling.

Will

Advanced Taster

I just purchased my first bottle of BT last week an am really enjoying it. I am not nearly sophisticated enough to tell you all the reasons I like it, but I do! ;-)

Disciple

I have not purchased a bottle of BT, yet. Did get an opportunity to try it at a banquet, and of course, liked it alot. The 750ml is on sale this weekend for $16.99 in Austin.

That mashbill, IMO, is one of the most versitile in all of bourbon. It creates...Benchmark, BT, Old Charter, Eagle Rare and G.T. Stagg, as well as many store brands. If that list doesn't impress...you just don't like bourbon very much.
    My pref, is ER and OC, but I buy Benchmark as a house pour durring football season, so the boys have plenty to mix in their tumblers and flasks.

Welcome to the board!

Jeff Mo.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
    I have not purchased a bottle of BT, yet. Did get an opportunity to try it at a banquet, and of course, liked it alot. The 750ml is on sale this weekend for $16.99 in Austin.

At $16.99 you should buy two.

Will

Thumbs up Re: Buffalo Trace

Quote Originally Posted by spun_cookie View Post
    Welcome Parker... the stock BT is not one of my normal drinkers, but the entire BT trace is great. Get some Stagg... that will put a smile on your face..
    Dont be alarmed.. but drinking Stagg straight.. might result in a black colored tounge..... the morning after.

But, I do like buffalo trace.. and expecially in the larger sized 1.75L bottle.

Apprentice

My wife and I both enjoy Buffalo Trace. It's one of the bourbons we like to sip neat on Saturday evening. The others include OGD114, Weller Antique 107, and EC12. All of these selections are available locally for between $21 and $23, and we consider them good values.
    Cheers to the makers of Buffalo Trace!
    Bill D.

Smart as an ox, strong as Einstein.

Novice

I must confess to never having tried BT. I've made a note to try and hunt down a bottle when I'm out and about, mail ordering would cost almost £30 which I gather is rather overpriced. Should really make the effort considering I intend to visit them next summer.
    "Always remember, I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me." - Winston Churchill