Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffalo Trace

Buffalo Trace

Hi,

Im new to SB. I was in the local ABC store last night and they had three bottles of Buffalo Trace and I decided to try it. I was impressed, it was pretty good in my opinion and was wondering what you think about it?

DS

Irreverent One

Re: Buffalo Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Parker SxS View Post
    Hi,

Im new to SB. I was in the local ABC store last night and they had three bottles of Buffalo Trace and I decided to try it. I was impressed, it was pretty good in my opinion and was wondering what you think about it?

DS
    Welcome to SB.com!

BT is a favorite among many here. It arguably offers the best QPR of any corn/rye bourbon (cost in Oregon being $21.95).

You might want to give Weller Antique (7yo, 107proof) a try, which offers a great QPR in a corn/wheat bourbon (OR price being $19.95). There is a 7yo 90 proof version of the Weller (the Special Reserve) that usually costs a little less (though not here in OR, where they are inexplicably priced the same).

Parker SxS - you own one? What gauge?
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Guru

Welcome Parker... the stock BT is not one of my normal drinkers, but the entire BT trace is graet. Get some Stagg... that will put a smile on your face..

Guru

Parker,

Welcome to Straight Bourbon.

I've been drinking from a selected bottling of Buffalo Trace. I've really enjoyed it with one ice cube. This bottle will not last long and I'm hoping that I can replace it with more from the same bottling.

Will

Advanced Taster

I just purchased my first bottle of BT last week an am really enjoying it. I am not nearly sophisticated enough to tell you all the reasons I like it, but I do! ;-)

Disciple

I have not purchased a bottle of BT, yet. Did get an opportunity to try it at a banquet, and of course, liked it alot. The 750ml is on sale this weekend for $16.99 in Austin.

That mashbill, IMO, is one of the most versitile in all of bourbon. It creates...Benchmark, BT, Old Charter, Eagle Rare and G.T. Stagg, as well as many store brands. If that list doesn't impress...you just don't like bourbon very much.
    My pref, is ER and OC, but I buy Benchmark as a house pour durring football season, so the boys have plenty to mix in their tumblers and flasks.

Welcome to the board!

Jeff Mo.

Thanks to everyone for the warn welcome. I have been a bourbon drinker since day one. In the past I always drank one bourbon but here of late I have been testing the waters. Im not sure but it may be the age thing (i'll be 42 this year) because my wife does not know from one day to the next what type of bourbon or beer I might bring home.

DS

P.S. Yes I currently own two Parker's and both of them are 12 gauges.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla View Post
    I have not purchased a bottle of BT, yet. Did get an opportunity to try it at a banquet, and of course, liked it alot. The 750ml is on sale this weekend for $16.99 in Austin.

At $16.99 you should buy two.

Will

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by Parker SxS View Post
    I have been a bourbon drinker since day one.
    I don't see how that's possible. I should probably go consult Genesis, but I'm pretty sure bourbon wasn't created until day eight or day nine.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Guru

I don't currently have a bottle of BT open. But I realy like this bottling. Easy drinking, and singularly distinctive. It goes well with a nice steak, to.