Parker Porterhouse - Happy Labor Day

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, all the Steak and Bouron threads are locked, so.. here is a new one:

Parker Porterhouse

Decided to cook up some Porterhouse’s for the big weekend. To my regular routine for prepping the meet for a couple days of marinating, I decided to add a couple ounces of Parker Heritage collection.

4 lbs of Porterhouse

• Garlic powder – 3 table spoons
  • Hickory Smoked Sea Salt – 3 table spoons
  • Worcestershire sauce – 1/3 cup
  • Kikkoman Soy Sauce – 1/3 cup
  • 2-3 Ox Parker Heritage

Cover one side in each and poke a fork into them 25-30 times each - flip and repeat

Put into sealed bag, reduce air, seal and store in the fridge. I like to flip it every 8-12 hrs or as I remember.

Put in to charcoal grill (lump coal), add soaked hickory and cook to appropriate level….

Put on Plate, add potato, fill glass full of bourbon and begin

Yum, Yum, Yum

Day 2... Flip...

Anyone else on the grill the last 3 day weekend of summer or is a pizza weekend for most?

I will be on the grill this evening.

BBQ chicken breasts, with sauteed mushrooms, fried onions, pepper-crusted bacon, and smokey cheddar served on a ciabatta roll.:grin:

I have about 10 family members over and we plan on grilling out (blue cheese burgers and some brats) and hanging at by our pool on Labor day. Keeping an lookout on Hurricane Gustav and hoping he stays to the East.

Going to fire up the smoker tomorrow. A couple of chickens and a few slabs o baby backs accompanied by the usual side items. Might throw on a pot of Brunswick Stew if I can summon the motivation.

Beer Can Chicken on the Weber tonight. Also doing some U12 Shrimp, split and stuffed with horseradish, then bacon wrapped and grilled. This was a fav recipe of mine when I had my catering biz. You never have to worry about over cooking the large shrimp when it is wrapped in bacon.

U12 Shrimp, split and stuffed with horseradish, then bacon wrapped and grilled.

That sounds tasty.... going to have to try this...

Geez Em. I should have had dinner at your place tonight.

I know for sure the bourbon would have been good.:cool: The wife and I will be going over to another couples house for a party tomorrow evening. Mostly the usual. Burgers, dogs and brats on the grill. We're bringing beef dip and crackers for an appetizer, and a Texas sheet cake for desert. Ahhhhhh, for after the eats! I'll be bringing my bottle of 07 Stagg, and the host managed to get his hands on a bottle of JD Silver Select. It may very well be a very late one tomorrow night. A good Labor Day to all. Joe

Day 2... Flip...

Anyone else on the grill the last 3 day weekend of summer or is a pizza weekend for most?

Yes, yesterday afternoon, I made a small (around 5 lbs) Boston butt pork roast. Dry rubbed it with Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning, made a large charcoal fire on one side of the grill and placed the meat on the other side. Put soaked hickory chunks on the fire. Replenished the charcoal and hickory chunks every hour. Barbecued for three hours. It came out perfect.

:yum:

Tim

I did grill pork rib yesterday and burgers today despite the fact that the whether is more like late September than August. Had ajvar and zatziki with the meat both days. As my zatziki is full of acid, wine was no option. Hercules double IPA was a perfect choice though.

Leif

Grillin' them fight now... oh baby do they smell good. The PH is perfect for a Porterhouse

------adder---------

Just had them... oh man where those good. If you have a little PH to spare for flavor... I strongly recomend a little in the marinade... the entire family (Wife, 13, 7, 5yrs) loved it...

now I need some bourbon :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.