A Drink for the Spouce: Pink Pom-Pom

spun_cookie
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OK, for those of you looking to bring the spouse into the bourbon fold with a pow... your going to love this one:

Pink Pom Pom

Milk 2-parts

George Stagg 1-Part

Frangellico 1/2-part

Chocolate Vodka or Cream Da Cocoa 1/2 part

Grenadine 1/4 part

Boston (Shaker) full of Ice - Shake until ice cold, pour into Tom Collins glass with ice, add garnish or umbrella... drink

Might try with 1/2 part Stagg ro 1 part 100 proof bourbon. The drink was a big hit with my wife and freinds and non of them drink whiskey, yet :D

E,

why on earth would you waste Stagg in such a cocktail?

My only thought is that lady's like to drink things that are expensive??? Otherwise, two parts of a lesser proof pour would suffice, do you agree? Might have to adjust the other ingredients a little.

The Stagg gave it one hell of a depth. The Heavier bourbon (Even PH would work) adds the extra dimention you do not get with the other bourbons.

I have a hard time believing that the Stagg can even have much of a presence under milk, grenadine, Frany, Chocolat and ice.

Maybe, I'm just a cheap ass! Because, I don't even buy those bottles to sip on, much less mix with cordials.

I had never mixed it before, but when I was making drinks we knew that the drink was missign some "meat". First thing in my mind was the Stagg, so I poured about 1 oz in.

That did it. Went froma too sweet of a drink to a very mice balanced drink with the "meat" from the Stagg.

Now, I do not plan on doing this anytime in the near future, but for the sake of science... it was a good experiment :D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.