A Distilling Dynasty

boone
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The attachment is a picture of my family of Beams.....This is my favorite picture.....It is taken in fron of the Jail house in Bardstown....My grand-father Harry Beam is on the far left holding my Aunt Jo.....My grandmother (Josie) is on the far right holding my mom......It was taken in November 1937...

I have been working with the folks who have been creating the museum for the new Visitor Center......they asked me for some of the history (and pictures) of the early days of Heaven Hill.......I have the earliest picture that was taken at Heaven Hill........it will be in the museum....it's a picture of my grandfather and greatgrandfather standing over a tub of mash.....the tub is only about chest high......

Probably my most rewarding thrill was when I recieved a e-mail for them the other day.....the note said.......This picture (see attachment) will be used as a backdrop in the section called "A Distilling Dynasty"......instant tears came to my eyes when I read it......

There are 8 master distillers in this picture........it's probably the only picture in the WORLD that you would ever find that many Master Distillers in one family....I am so very proud of all of them.....I miss them dearly....looking at this picture keeps them close to me...Without them.... and the work that they did in their lifetime....Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey....would not be what it is today......You cannot see the extensive records that I have of all the places they have helped to create and to get established (Distilleries)....It would blow ya away......

Bettye Jo

post-20-144898110736_thumb.jpg

That's a nice picture BettyJo. You should be proud ! There's no doubt the Beam's have it here. The only other families that come close are the Dants' and Medleys' .

Bettye Jo,

Your sentiments remind me of a comment by Jimmie Vaughan regarding Stevie Ray, along the lines of "You lost a musician; I lost my brother."

Thank you for sharing your family with us.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Fantastic photo with a great story. We are fortunate to have you let us have a peak at your family and bourbon history. Thanks!

Tim, Bobby, Dave and CL

You are welcome.........for some reason..... I was really surprised to see that you all were interested in my family history......when I write in this section it is usually directed at Chuck.......now when I write again I will know there are others......

There was no greater bond (on this earth) between a grandfather and grandaugher..........My biggest loss was not knowing him as a adult.......

Bettye Jo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.