Name Your Favorite Bundled Cigars

MJL
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Famous Nicaraguan 3000 from Famous Smoke Shop for a very good

fairly full-bodied smoke. They are sold in bundles of 20 for $40-$50.

Worth it IMO.

I also really want to try the Tabacos Baez SF since I love most of Pepin's

stuff and I love very good smokes that are $2-$3.

• 2 weeks later...
Famous Nicaraguan 3000 from Famous Smoke Shop for a very good

fairly full-bodied smoke. They are sold in bundles of 20 for $40-$50.

Worth it IMO.

I also really want to try the Tabacos Baez SF since I love most of Pepin's

stuff and I love very good smokes that are $2-$3.

Famous Nic 3000s are great smokes. Rumor has it the Famous 7000 line is a Pepin produced product..

• 2 weeks later...

I recently picked up the Genuine Counterfeit 1958 Epicure from JR Cigars. Surprisingly good both in looks, feel and taste. For about $2 a stick, I thought it was pretty darn good.

• 4 months later...

d2aed6cc.jpg

Bolting home for the start of the academic year we decided to take the route that took us through Statesville, NC as it would allow us one more shot at an ABC for stuff not available in Florida and a visit to the JRs in that town. We got into town with 1/2 to spare before JR's closed and an hour to spare before the ABC closed. I got the above bundles plus about four more that did not make it into the photos. I'm telling you those JR bundles aint bad at all.

I recently picked up the Genuine Counterfeit 1958 Epicure from JR Cigars. Surprisingly good both in looks, feel and taste. For about $2 a stick, I thought it was pretty darn good.

These are a bargain... also the Connie's are always a great buy when they have them...

If I understand correctly the genuine counterfeit cigars have not been made since 2007 (told to me while at Perdomo in July) and have not been imported since about the same time. What we are seeing on the market are the remains. This is sad as I agree, these are fantastic cigars that age very well....perhaps the age on the stock now is why we are seeing them reported as nice. I bought a few boxes of these back around 2004 or so and they were rough smoking, badly constructed and typical harshness associated with Nica tobacco. I ended up giving much of those away but kept about 20 in humidor. In 2009 I smoked those 20 and then were VERY nice with the exception of the construction issues. I bought a couple hundred more from Mikes and these have been fantastic. Sad to see these go and would love to see Perdomo roll these back into the market.

I'm not sure if you'd consider FUMADORES a bundle cigar but it's made by pepin and at 20 bucks for 20 sticks it's a fine stick when you feel like slumming. :)

• 4 weeks later...

im rolling through JR country later this month. i usually get name brands when im there, but i have some extra space to fill in my humidor, so i may try some alternatives.

My advice is to go for the JR alternatives that the less conventional shapes. I think these are rolled by the more advanced rollers and thus tend to be better constructed. That said I have always found the JR cigars to be well constructed. The JR Limitadas have turned out to be quite nice and I intend to get more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.