Old St, Nicks

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I am now at a total loss. I have been looking for Old St. Nick's (20 year old or older). I thought finding this site was going to end my search, but alas no Old St. Nick's to be found. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could tell me how to find this greatest of great Bourbons. Website is preferable since I am living in Tokyo. However I have roots in California where it could be picked up. I am truly greatful.

This looks like a cool site so I'm going to look around now. Cheers!!!

Matt

I've never heard of Old St. Nicks. It probably is a brand created exclusively for the Japanese market. The fact that you said it was 20+ years old pretty much confirms that, as Japan is the only market where they seem to like what most of us here would consider overaged bourbon. You might try The Kentucky Distillers Association web site. They have links to all of the distilleries that have web sites.

--Chuck Cowdery

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

I agree with Chuck that this bottle is probably made only for the overseas market. My reason for saying this is that after prohibition one of the self imposed regulations that the distillers agreed to was the banning of the use of Santa and any other form of Father Christmas in advertising and promotion of spirits. St. Nicks simply would not be allowed in the United States.

Mike

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

That is a bit of trivia that I can use around the bar. They do make a 12 year old also and it is quite good (but not up with the 17 year). I know taht 20 year plus is over aged but that's what the customer wants. Who am I to tell him what he likes. Anyway thanks for the help and if your in Bourbon County look up St. Nicks Distillery {if there even is one(frightening thought)}and grab a bottle or two and give me your expert opinions.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt,

Old St. Nick is bottled in Bardstown by Evan Kulsvein. He buys his whiskey from Heaven Hill. This label was ceated by a lady in CA some years ago who sells my whiskey in Japan. I actually used to bottle this whiskey for her, and she would ship to Japan. Years ago, I did not have much older whiskey, so she switched to Evan who had the HH supply.

Julian Van Winkle

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.