Keep E Mailing & writting the Pa State stores!

dave ziegler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well good news for us in Pa the State stores are now carrying Wild Turkey 101 Straight Rye Whiskey. I walked in tonight and almost fainted there it was Wild Turkey 101 proof Straight Rye Whiskey for $19.99 for a 750 ML great price great deal so lets buy it and e mail them thanks! I hope this is just the begining as we have suffered for many years here so let them know this is just the beginning of what you want.

Pa Bourbon Drinkers Lets tell them MORE!

This is the first time in a long time they have brought something nice in instead of Wine and More Wine.

Dave Z

Old Hickory America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

---------------------------------------------------

Pa Bourbon Drinkers Lets tell them MORE!

Dave Z

Old Hickory America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

---------------------------------------------------

I've e-mailed them many times Dave...they don't listen. That WT Rye was probably a left over from the "ONE and ONLY" batch they bought, to be discontinued when it was all gone. It's long gone from these parts. :hot:

Joe :usflag:

Joe,

I have talked with the person incharge of the Liquor Board...they have encouraged everyone to email the Spirits Buyer....and make suggestions and comments.

At the time I spoke to the Gentleman in charge...he advised that Old Overholt and WT rye would be on the shelves in a few months. If it sells well....they will keep it active.

So, go to the PLCB and email the Spirits Buyer and let him know what your buying habits would be....so they can stock the items you request. Also, let them know what products you are NOT interested in buyin.

Good luck, PA.

If you go here you will see that the Wild Turkey Rye is not a regular item nor is the Russell's Reserve Rye. (This is real time inventory.) You have to SLO it and order at least 6. Just another way PA screws with the consumer.

• 3 weeks later...

yep, it's still around here in the Media/Broomall stores...but i can kick myself for not buying in bulk when they were going for $15 or so all summer....for me, that's not bourbon drinkin' weather, so i passed...

now they are something closer to $20...:rolleyes:

$15 is a steal. We pay about 20 in Texas and I believe it is worth all of that.

I hope everyone in Pa. continues to write the spirits buyer and let them know your opinion of them.

• 1 month later...

If you're like me --a rye nut from PA-- take note...

-Wild Turkey Rye is back on sale for 17.99 a pop.

-Beam Rye is on sale for 14.99 a pop.

-The Baby Saz, Saz 18, and Handy are available again, as is the rest of the BT antique collection.

-Old Overholt is still available, for the regular price.

It hurts me to admit it --no one hates the state stores as much as me, I'm convinced-- but PA's rye selection is fairly decent right now. So stock up. In two days I doubt they'll have any Handy or Saz 18 left, and in two weeks they'll probably have discontinued the Turkey and Overholt, or else disemboweled said selection in some similar way.

In conclusion, being a rye nut in PA has turned me into a nervous, neurotic wreck. I go to the supermarket to pick up a gallon of milk, and have to convince myself not to buy 16, just in case Pathmark should decide to stop stocking it. Yes, I was one of the 'smart' ones, who bought 20+ bottles of WT Rye last summer, when it cost 15.99. Pray for me.

yep. i just caught that about the WTRye at $17.99!

and even with the Beam Rye on sale, scoot yerself down to Claymont DE right across the state line off I-95. I think it's called Yetter's Discount Liquors....OO and JBRye are ALWAYS selling for $10.99!

haven't seen the SAZ's anywhere around here ever...but yes, the STAGG's were there...at $53.99.

worth it?

last year's was

...scoot yerself down to Claymont DE right across the state line off I-95. I think it's called Yetter's Discount Liquors....OO and JBRye are ALWAYS selling for $10.99!

Thanks for the tip. Here's one for you- using this websight

http://www.lcb.state.pa.us/webapp/Product_Management/psi_ProductDefault_Inter.asp

you can see the inventory of every liquor store in the state, in real time.

As of right now there's 1 bottle of stagg left in philly...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.