Special treat

jasonrc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello all,

I am looking for a good small batch or single barrel bourbon to take to my buddy's bachelor party. In particular, I would like to bring something obscure with a nice presentation. I have had all of the Jim Beam small batches, with Knob Creek being my favorite. Overall, my favorite bourbon is Woodford Reserve, with no close seconds. We have had this on several occasions and I want to surprise him with something new. After reading the tasting notes, I am considering Blanton's or Hancock's President's Reserve. I wondered if someone could give me their opinion on which is better and compare/contrast the two. I am open to choosing something else, but would like to stay in their price range, since I am a graduate student and cannot indulge at will yet. I appreciate any feedback.

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Jason you've come to the right place. For fancy presentation nothing beats Blanton's and it's an "orgasmically good" bourbon that carries a four pants rating. Blanton's has a richly textured flavor profile and a long semi-dry finish. Hancocks' President's Reserve is made from the same mashbill as Blanton's but tastes more like a select version of Ancient Ancient Age 10 year old - which is to say it's damn good. Rock Hill Farms single barrel is also of the same mashbill, but is 100 proof and bottled in bond. It's finish is one of the very finest, and carries a five pants rating. Also check out Wild Turkey's 'Kentucky Spirit' single barrel. This is the very best bourbon that I have ever tasted and carries a five pants rating. Be sure to search out my tastings on Blanton's; Rock Hill Farms, and Kentucky Spirit. cool.gif

Jason,

Although I can not comment on Blanton's, or President's Reserve, since I have not tasted either (Blanton's is high on my list for a future purchase based on comments read here), I can definitely agree with Linn's recommendation for Kentucky Spirit! It's one of my favorites.

Bob

Blanton's is a gem,

while I can't talk about Kentucky spirit, its brother Russell' Reseve 10 year is fabulous, and a little more budget minded.

get the kentucky spirit man!

TomC

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.