Heaven Hill Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

Pill_Man
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I like many of the Heaven Hill products, but what's the general consensus on Heaven Hill Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey?

I did a search on Heaven Hill, and as you can imagins, the words "Heaven Hill" have been uttered around here quite frequently. Just couldn't find a review of this Bourbon.

TIA

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Doug I don't believe that there has been a tasting on that particular Heaven Hill bottling. I've not had any so I can not speak to it's relative merits or demerits. I can tell you that it is inexpensive and generally found on the bottom shelf. Why don't you pick one up and tell us about it? cool.gif

Linn => "Why don't you pick one up and tell us about it?"

Sounds like a good plan. Just didn't want to buy it if the general concensus was that it was swill - though I doubt it coming from Heaven Hill.

I'll report back! tongue.gif

Just as a follow-up:

I was about to walk out of my local liquor shop with a bottle of Old Fitz, one of Old Forester and one of the Heaven Hill. The shop owner commented what a change this was from the Rare Breed I bought last week. When I told him I wanted to try out some "value" Bourbons, he told me to put the Heaven Hill back on the floor where I found it. ooo.gif

His advice has always been sound, so I put it back for another day. Interestingly.. he recommended the Fighting Cock over the HH Straight Bourbon.

Perhaps that'll be next week's value purchase. confused.gif

Actually the HH bottled in Bond products you will find to be decent I can't say you will like them but if you must that's what I'd try first. There's been other posting on this forum to explain some of this. Briefly, HH remained in the selling of warehouse stock longer then anyone I think and wholesale distributors had thier own labels etc they also would specify a particular age and proof of HH for a particular market. Sometimes they would have it say HH on the bottle. It may or may not have been especially good , I think any of it would hold up to Beam White, that's not saying a lot. They have some good stocks of Whiskey that is sold under JW Dant JTS Brown and Echo Spring and others I opened a bottle of Old Bardstown which ironically was Willetts Label and was a Premium brand in the past and it was terrible. On par with Beams version of Bourbon De Luxe. Gag ! yuck!

Heaven Hill Bourbon = cheap but not bad, far better than Jim white IMHO blush.gifblush.gif , though with Evan Williams 7 year, a sound if not particularly interesting value bourbon existing from the same company, I probably wont get the HH again.

TomC

Save your money man. Fighting Cock is nasty. Immature and overwhelming (kinda reminds me of a guy I dated... wink.gif). If green had a taste...it would taste like Fighting Cock.

Bj

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.