ET Joe the Plumber Cocktail

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Early Times Kentucky Whisky has created a cocktail to toast Joe the Plumber.

Everyman’s Plumb

An Early Times’ Toast to Joe the Plumber

3 ounces Red Plum Juice

1.5 ounces Early Times Kentucky Whisky

Squeeze of Lime

This cocktail starts with Early Times Kentucky Whisky and adds Red Plum juice with a squeeze of lime. Early Times is known as the “Workin' Man’s Reward” and this cocktail is exactly that, a reward after a hard day’s work. You betcha!

Note that you want to pour the red plum juice into the rocks glass over ice first, then add the Early Times. This is an unevenly distributed cocktail because Joe doesn’t want his money spread around.

Note the new label design.

post-5-1448981473245_thumb.jpg

has anyone ever tried this or something similar?

I'm not sure what is meant by red plumb juice. Is it sweet? It sounds like if it is mildly sweet this might be interesting. That is, if it were made with something other than early Times. I'm thinking Lot "B" because of the chocolate covered cherries I get on the nose.

I'm sorry, but any drink with twice as much fruit juice as booze in it dishonors plumbers, licensed and unlicensed, everywhere.

-Mike

I can't take credit for any of it. I just thought they handled it cleverly and decided to pass it along.

Isn't red plum juice just a fancy name for prune juice?

If so, I bet this cocktail does some drain cleanin' of its own.

Isn't red plum juice just a fancy name for prune juice?

If so, I bet this cocktail does some drain cleanin' of its own.

I'm sorry, but any drink with twice as much fruit juice as booze in it dishonors plumbers, licensed and unlicensed, everywhere.

-Mike

funny... I read this press release from Jeremiah Weed Bourbon saying the exact same thing Mike said! ha. They made a video making fun of Early Times for it... I attached the link below, pretty funny.

http://jeremiahweed.wordpress.com/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.