Members of Bourbon Distilleries "Clubs"

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tis the season to get stuff from the distilleries.

Today I got 2.

One a tin from Old Forester as a member of the 1870 Society.

In the tin is a velvet bag with a cork for bottles, it is nice.

Topping the cork is a heavy metal circle medallion that states "Old Forester" on one side and "1870 Society" on the other.

Also included is a memebership card with your truley printed on it.

And a booklet with info on the Society and the bourbon, etc.

Also got a booklet from the "Knob Creek Stillhouse" which explains the benefits of membership and their bourbon, etc.

On further inspection, these two items are for joining, so the Christmas promos will follow later.

Just thought I'd throw this out there and let's hear what others have received from the distilleries.

I got a free bandanna and flask for signing up with Rebel Yell. This year I also got a promo code from Knob Creek for $10 off a Whiskyfest ticket, too bad I had already bought my ticket by the time I got this in the mail.

I got a free punch in the face for being a member of the Ten High "High Flyers". The experience of drinking the stuff is similar, only more painful.

Tis the season to get stuff from the distilleries.

Today I got 2.

One a tin from Old Forester as a member of the 1870 Society.

In the tin is a velvet bag with a cork for bottles, it is nice.

Topping the cork is a heavy metal circle medallion that states "Old Forester" on one side and "1870 Society" on the other.

Also included is a memebership card with your truley printed on it.

And a booklet with info on the Society and the bourbon, etc.

Also got a booklet from the "Knob Creek Stillhouse" which explains the benefits of membership and their bourbon, etc.

I tried to join the 1870 Society, and couldn't find the door :skep:

I received my "freebies" from Rebel Yell a few months ago, three or four weeks after joining their website. For the record I was member number 15. Just today I received my gift from Old Forester, the aforementioned tin, membership card/packet and bottle stop. Joe

I'm a MM member, hoping some FR swag is in the future. I got their great DVD awhile back, nicely done.

Who's got the best swag?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Received my annual MM Ambassador Christmas gift in the mail today. A roll of MM wrapping paper, ribbon, and gift tags. Fun stuff. Wonder how long it will take for these to start showing up on ebay.:hot: Joe

Wonder how long it will take for these to start showing up on ebay.:hot: Joe

There's one up already...:hot:

• 3 weeks later...

I received two calendars in the mail today from the Old Forester 1870 Society. Even though Jack Daniels is not a bourbon, I received a calendar from their Tennessee Squire Association Monday. Thanks and Happy Holidays to all the distilleries. Joe

Here is my list for the year so far.

#1. Rebel Yell- Flask, bandanna, and a certificate

#2. Jack Daniels- Calendar

#3. Old Forester 1870 Society- Metal tin, bottle stop, booklet, and two calendars

#4. Four Roses- Christmas card and glass teacup

#5. Maker's Mark- Wrapping paper, ribbon and gift tags

So far only calenders from Old Forrester and the gift wrap from Makers Mark.

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone.

J.W.

Same here.

Is it sacrilidge that I wrapped my father in laws scotch in the Makers Mark paper?

Is it sacrilege that I wrapped my father in laws scotch in the Makers Mark paper?

If you're an Ambassador isn't it mandatory? :cool:

Merry Christmas all

Roger

• 1 month later...
I got a free punch in the face for being a member of the Ten High "High Flyers". The experience of drinking the stuff is similar, only more painful.

Haha....funny stuff!!! And here i was last winter at a friends house having supper with his wife and kids; what does he pull out of the closet? Ten High!!! I nearly fell off the chair. Eyaiyai... I really appreciated great bourbon after a glass of that on ice. BB

From the Bardstown Bourbon Society (HH) I received a pewter pin and a $5 off rebate for EWSB, HMcK or VSOF. From the Rare Breed society I recieved an email.

I wrapped my nieces's Christmas presents in the Maker's Mark paper, and even used the tags (face down). Nobody noticed. It told them after the fact.

The Wife did the same for some of my gifts thinking I would not notice. I did, and the paper was quite nice. The tags were a treat also.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I've gotten anything more than a postcard from the Rare Breed Society in the 4 years I've belonged - So much for it being such a great and "Rare Opportunity." Rare if I get anything is more like it - I'd even take an email at this point. Hopefully when they get bought out things will change. Its not like I'm expecting to be showered with thousands of dollars of free goodies or given the world on a silver platter, but if you're going to be the one pushing a customer rewards program, then it's your obligation to follow through, and at least make the effort to show the customer a little appreciation every now and again.

I was also going to say something about what WT passes off as their website, but the less said the better. . .

I don't think I've gotten anything more than a postcard from the Rare Breed Society in the 4 years I've belonged - So much for it being such a great and "Rare Opportunity." Rare if I get anything is more like it - I'd even take an email at this point. Hopefully when they get bought out things will change. Its not like I'm expecting to be showered with thousands of dollars of free goodies or given the world on a silver platter, but if you're going to be the one pushing a customer rewards program, then it's your obligation to follow through, and at least make the effort to show the customer a little appreciation every now and again.

I was also going to say something about what WT passes off as their website, but the less said the better. . .

I'm waiting for the discounts on WT products they promised also. How many bottles of Rare Breed did you tell them you buy a year. Maybe that has something to do with the rewards. Apparently if you buy 6 or less a year you are a nobody.

I don't think I've gotten anything more than a postcard from the Rare Breed Society in the 4 years I've belonged - So much for it being such a great and "Rare Opportunity." Rare if I get anything is more like it - I'd even take an email at this point.

Same here. I mailed one of those tags in 4 or 5 years ago and have not heard a single thing back from them. I believe I even emailed them a couple of times about this, just to make sure I was actually signed up and that my card hadn't been lost in the mail, but I've never gotten any response from them. I never expected to receive much from this but the lack of acknowledgment is a bit of a disappointment as is the fact that in the past few years I believe I've heard of others getting promo items for being a part of this. On the other hand I don't think anything they would send me would top the WT Glencairn one of their reps gave me at an event a while back. :]

I think I've gotten one email from the rare breed society and that's it. I have a friend that mailed in one of those cards and has never heard anything back from them. I don't buy a lot of WTRB but i do buy a lot of WT101.

• 9 months later...
From the Bardstown Bourbon Society (HH) I received a pewter pin and a $5 off rebate for EWSB, HMcK or VSOF. From the Rare Breed society I recieved an email.

Since then I've received a $2 bill (for participating in a survey -- weird gift) and another $5 rebate coupon, which I'll use to even out & justify my EWSB purchase over EC12.

• 1 month later...

So far this year I've received a nice frosted glass from Four Roses, gift bags and wrapping paper from Maker's Mark, and a very nice set from Old Forester. The set from Old Forester has two heavy rocks type glasses, a small but very heavy glass ice dish, (with a Old Forester logo leather sleeve), and ice tongs. :cool: All in all pretty nice stuff. :grin: Ho! Ho! Ho! Joe

When did the OF set appear at your house? I got the calendars last year but nothing so far this time around.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.