Do you have it?

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Whiskirexia nervosa is a whiskey buying disorder characterized by a distorted whiskey inventory image and an obsessive fear of running out of whiskey. Individuals with whiskirexia nervosa tend to already own more whiskey than they can ever drink, even as they continue to buy more.

Hi, my names Tony and I have Whiskirexia nervosa! I'd like to thank everyone for having me here!

Thanks!

Does an obsessive desire to aquire an inventory of quality samples of every major style and sub category (that I enjoy) qualify?

Edited to add: Apart from my "drinking stash".

Hi, my names Tony and I have Whiskirexia nervosa! I'd like to thank everyone for having me here!

Thanks!

I was going to out Tony...Though I support his disorder!

Thanks!

errrr... My Name is Emerald and I will see you at the meetings Tony :crazy: :icon_pidu:

I do understand there is only one cure: Increase intake!

Hi, my name is Thomas and I have whiskirexia nervosa maximus. I was recently perscribed some George T Stagg to ease the symptoms!

Thomas

Whiskirexia nervosa is a whiskey buying disorder characterized by a distorted whiskey inventory image and an obsessive fear of running out of whiskey. Individuals with whiskirexia nervosa tend to already own more whiskey than they can ever drink, even as they continue to buy more.

My image of my whiskey inventory is not distorted, I have a fairly accurate spreadsheet telling me exactly how much whiskey I have.

I have no great fear of running out of whiskey anytime soon, thanks to the aforementioned spreadsheet.

I do not have more whiskey that I could reasonably drink (assuming I live to anywhere near the standard life expectancy for someone my age), so therefore it would be okay for me to continue to purchase whiskey.

So based upon this thorough analysis, there is no way I could qualify for the mentioned ailment. Thank you for clarifying this for me, I was beginning to get worried, but that seems to have been unwarranted.

I don't have it. A few years ago, I may have, but not any more. It is made easier by the fact that my state has very few interesting items to choose from.

Tim

Hi, My name is Joe and I have Whiskirexia Nervosa. I have gone 4 hours without buying a bottle of bourbon. I'd like to thank you all for being here for me.:crazy:

• I like it 1

Ummm, my name is Brad and I too have Whisikirexia nervosa. Umm, on my last trip to North Dakota, I went in to a liquor store just to see what theyu had in the way of bourbon. I didn't buy any, just looked......

Hi, My name is Joe and I have Whiskirexia Nervosa. I have gone 5 minutes without thinking about buying a bottle of bourbon. I'd like to thank you all for being here for me. Ooops. Excuse me. I just spilled my Weller 12. Damn! I'll have to buy another bottle.

My name is Scott and I am currently receiving treatment for Whiskirexia Nervosa. It has been 3 days since I have brought any new bourbon into my house, though I can see a relapse in the near future!

Scott

I knew there was a name for it. I actually have been studying this phenomenon in myself for quite sometime, so I thought this diagnostic tool might be helpful.

Questions to ask yourself to determine if you have Whiskirexia Nervosa:

1. Do you have a better whiskey collection than most restaurants and bars in your city? state? country?

2. Do you have bottles stored in the bedroom? the bathroom? the kids' room(s)?

3. Do your local liquor store owners/staff know you by name?

4. Do you have on-line liquor stores bookmarked?

5. Have you ever missed work to ensure you're home to sign for a parcel that requires an adult signature?

6. If you leave a liquor store empty-handed do you feel disappointed? Panicky? Do you develop a rash?

7. Do you have a written inventory of your bottles? When someone comes over for a drink, do you offer them a printed list?

8. When travelling, do you visit liquor stores just in case they have something you can't find at home?

9. Do you spend more time buying whiskey than drinking it?

10. Have you ever considered opening a bar, just with the stock you currently own?

If you've answered yest to five or more of these questions, you may have Whiskirexia Nevosa (also known as Whiskyrexia Nevosa). You should consider seeking immediate medical attention.

Ummm, my name is Brad and I too have Whisikirexia nervosa. Umm, on my last trip to North Dakota, I went in to a liquor store just to see what theyu had in the way of bourbon. I didn't buy any, just looked......

I'm edo and I do this at stores in my own town, including my own neighborhood and I do it regularly just to see if there's been any change. I have a notepad for prices.

I do this in spite of buying mostly online now. I got a shipment of six bottles today.

I hit five out of ten on the skulist. Am I borderline?

I lied. It was eight bottles in my November shipment, (two were Scotch, though) ...

I'm cutting back next month ... if nothing's on sale.

7. Do you have a written inventory of your bottles? When someone comes over for a drink, do you offer them a printed list?

:grin: :slappin: :lol:

Thanks for giving my condition a name Chuck. I realized there was something going on when my housekeeper said that I had opened bottles/decanters with glassware in seven different rooms in my house. Den, dining room, kitchen, tv room, computer room, formal living room and master bed room plus a handle of Beam Black out in the BBQ pit. "You don't want to have to go very far when you or your friends want a drink" I said. She gave me an unconvinced look.....like I was odd in this behavior. Glad to see I'm normal around here.

Randy

PS

Is the most valuable piece of furniture in your house used to showcase your best bottles/collection?

Was buying said piece the only time you've ever been to a furniture store?

I knew there was a name for it. I actually have been studying this phenomenon in myself for quite sometime, so I thought this diagnostic tool might be helpful.

Okay, I'll give it a go.

1. Do you have a better whiskey collection than most restaurants and bars in your city? state? country?

But, of course!

That's one.

Bedroom? Check! Bathroom? Check!

That's two.

Interestingly, no...and I'd like to keep it that way.

They don't ship to KY anyway, so there's no point.

5. Have you ever missed work to ensure you're home to sign for a parcel that requires an adult signature?

See the former.

6. If you leave a liquor store empty-handed do you feel disappointed? Panicky? Do you develop a rash?

Actually that sensation would be relief...

Nope, mine's digital, and that information would be "need to know" and nobody else really needs to know...and what is this you speak of? "People coming over for a drink?" Never heard of such a thing.

8. When travelling, do you visit liquor stores just in case they have something you can't find at home?

What other use is there in traveling?

That's three.

Nope...but I combine trips with other shopping, so I don't have to count the driving time.

10. Have you ever considered opening a bar, just with the stock you currently own?

Hell no...I've worked in bars for years, you couldn't pay me enough to deal with those types of employees.

If you've answered yest to five or more of these questions, you may have Whiskirexia Nevosa (also known as Whiskyrexia Nevosa). You should consider seeking immediate medical attention.

Only three, I seem pretty safe.:grin:

What a great list! Count me in: 1,2,3,4,6,8,9

My name is Will and have Whiskyrexia Nervose, but I'm loving it!

To tell the truth, this summer I had purchased a few bottles of Wild Turkey 12 year old cheesy gold label and did not open it for 3 months. Additionally, that's not the first time I made a purchase of a unique or highly prized bourbon and did not open it for months. Now, that's sad.

Hi, My name is Joe and I have Whiskirexia Nervosa. I had a restless sleep last night. I think I made it through the night without thinking/dreaming about bourbon. I got up early to make breakfast and had to walk by my sideboard. That's when I relapsed. I stopped to look at my stash, and immediately thought about what I could buy next to further enhance my collection. Help!

PS I have to go to the grocery store later with my wife. I don't know if I can do it without visiting their great liquor department. Help! Help!

Hidden

Originally Posted by sku

Yes, No, No Counts as yes

Originally Posted by sku

2. Do you have bottles stored in the bedroom? the bathroom? the kids' room(s)? The dining room and the basement. Counts as yes

Originally Posted by sku

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.