Do you have it?

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I've been a good boy....no bourbon purchases. That is until my sister called from North Carolina and says "Uh...I'm at this big liquor warehouse and they have a whole section on bourbon...do you need anything?"

No...but that didn't stop me from getting a bottle of Repeal for $20 and a PKXO for another $20. HELP!!!!:bigeyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Well the New Year is upon us. My name is Joe and......DAMN!:slappin: Happy New Year gang! Joe

Good news! (I think.) I've been generally cured:coffeedrinker: , by a combination of time, a hyper-active consciousness which tolerates only varied interests, and better uses for my money. My remaining weakness remains the relationships I've collected while consumed with the stuff, which I hope never diminish.

Today, I hate myself for 'wasting' (remember -- I STILL have a fair number of quite drinkable bottles on the shelves in the pantry) money on whiskey, and stay out of liquor stores in which I don't work.

It's not impossible --you CAN lick this thing! If, of course, you want to.

I've been wanting to reply but your avatar said that you are closed,...so I'll just say "HI".

Symptom number 72:

You travel with more bourbon than you and several of your friends can manage to consume (or even get around to tasting) in a weeks time.

Double points if none of the bottles you traveled with is available in either the state you left from or the state you are traveling to.

• 2 months later...

Yep. Still have it. Made a batch of chili tonight for my wife, for her work's annual chili shootout. Last year I tried bourbon chili. This year she said no. :smiley_acbt: So, I made it anyway. I just drank the bourbon instead of putting it in the chilli. :rolleyes: My name is Joe..........

Symptom number 328:

You travel with several days worth of whiskey, even for day trips, just in case the unforeseen might happen, you know like hurricanes striking Indiana or Ice Storms or broken down pickups...

My wife says I have enough whiskey but I know she can't be right because there is whiskey I don't have.

Whiskirexia nervosa is a whiskey buying disorder characterized by a distorted whiskey inventory image and an obsessive fear of running out of whiskey. Individuals with whiskirexia nervosa tend to already own more whiskey than they can ever drink, even as they continue to buy more.

Point?

TJ

PS: so? (I need 16 charaters to reply)

Point?

TJ

PS: so? (I need 16 charaters to reply)

A textbook perfect case of this dreaded disease.

Symptom 742:

When you fly with only carry-on luggage, there is always a 50ml of bourbon in your ziplock bag for carry-on liquids, just in case.

With careful planning, I think you can get about 7 mini bottles in your quart bag ... (may need to stretch the plastic just a bit) ... who needs shampoo and toothpaste anyway? Use the stuff the Hotel gives you ...

Going out of town with the wife to look for dining room/patio furniture. I have the trip planned to coincide with liquor stores in the immediate area of the furniture stores. :skep: A little dusty hunting perhaps? My name is still Joe, and...............:bowdown: Joe

You drive three hours east one weekend to pick up a bunch of discontinued but in demand bottles and follow it up the next weekend with a couple hour trip west to pass them along to another guy who also has it.

I'm Scott. I have it and I am an enabler. :cool:

You drive three hours east one weekend to pick up a bunch of discontinued but in demand bottles and follow it up the next weekend with a couple hour trip west to pass them along to another guy who also has it.

I'm Scott. I have it and I am an enabler. :cool:

Being an enabler is nothing to be ashamed of, btw I got the bottles home safe and sound.

Those of us suffering from the affliction in dry areas bless the enablers.

Those of us suffering from the affliction in dry areas bless the enablers.

Why do I always have "Eastbound and Down" by Jerry Reed going though my head on these trips? :slappin:

A few weeks ago I did the one day road trip from hell, Rochester, NY and back, 16 1/2 hours, all kinds of crazy stuff going thru my head on that one, espicially when I got home. :shocked:

• 5 months later...

Just bumping this thread up so some of the newer members can relate. :grin: Joe

Also as a friendly reminder to Ed. (pepcycle) :slappin:

Whiskirexia nervosa is a whiskey buying disorder characterized by a distorted whiskey inventory image and an obsessive fear of running out of whiskey. Individuals with whiskirexia nervosa tend to already own more whiskey than they can ever drink, even as they continue to buy more.

Yep. I definitely have it. It sort of snuck up on me right after I joined this forum. The really sad part is that there is no known cure and symptoms can only be temporarily relieved by more purchases. To my knownledge there is very little being done to find a cure.

Another symptom: You buy a bottle of rye, on the off chance that you might like it. Baby Saz, and yes, I do!)

• 5 weeks later...

Another sign that you have Whiskirexia Nervosa: Your wife points out to you, "in the scary voice", that you have "more damn bourbon themed t-shirts than she has pairs of shoes".

The "scary voice" gets your attention, and lets you know that you got some jewelry shoppin' to do. :D

I definitely have it...I couldn't sleep last night as I was trying to decide if I should get another bottle of Pappy 20 or JRPS 17 year for the bunker durning the Binny's 15% off sale...:(

I'm sure I do. I spent over $300 on bourbon at the KBF. I had to take a trip to Milwaukee tonight, so naturally I stopped at a couple places on the way back. Spent about $60.00 more on bourbon tonight. My name is Joe, and............

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.