Do you have it?

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm sure I do. I spent over $300 on bourbon at the KBF. I had to take a trip to Milwaukee tonight, so naturally I stopped at a couple places on the way back. Spent about $60.00 more on bourbon tonight. My name is Joe, and............

Man you were good!

(yes I have it)

• 3 weeks later...

I am starting to think I have it. Last night, I was at a gathering enjoying some wonderful food with friends when somebody mentioned that a couple party goers went to the liquor store. A light went on in my head: this is a not-so-great neighborhood and the store could be holding treasure! I conned a friend into taking me to the store and quickly found 6 bottles.

When I read posts on this forum from people who pass over dusties of S-W juice I am flushed with jealousy. I have considered driving to the dusty-rich areas and bringing home a lifetime supply.

Here are a few thoughts:

Given my current rate of consumption, increased by 20%, and spread across all spirits, if I should start drinking only one bottling, just one of my favorites, It won't last more than 5 or 6 months.

Any effort to amass a lifetime supply would have to be a individual lifetime supply of ALL of my current favorites.

Here are a few thoughts:

Given my current rate of consumption, increased by 20%, and spread across all spirits, if I should start drinking only one bottling, just one of my favorites, It won't last more than 5 or 6 months.

Any effort to amass a lifetime supply would have to be a individual lifetime supply of ALL of my current favorites.

May you live a very long and full life!

• 1 month later...

You may have Whiskirexia Nervosa if you are extremely late leaving for that romantic weekend getaway with your wife, because you just spent the last 50 minutes staring at your bunker wondering which bourbon to take....

I took the 04 ER17....:crazy:

You might have WN if you go into a bakery, shoe store, candy store or lumber yard and comment that it smells like bourbon.

Finally I have a name for my condition. I always wondered why I bought two of every bottling.

However I will not be seeking help, just more Bourbon.

• 3 weeks later...

of course. when 4R became available in Illinois, i bought 3 each of single barrel and small batch, in case they changed their minds. many Pappys bunkered and a few WT American Spirits, to name a few.

We might have it. On second thought, I'm pretty sure we CAN drink it all. Nay, we WILL drink it all. You guys are all crazy. We better get to the liquor store to stock up.

Hi, My name is Jim (nysquire to you all here) and I have it too.

Of course I have better (may be not more than) a lot of establishments, locally and/or statewide.

although my wife would disagree on the quantity part.

Of course all the stores know me by name and have my phone number for emergencies... (in case they get one in that I might not have). although most have an inventory sheet of my collection.

Of course I have bottles stashed through the house.(unopened extra's)

Yes, I can not visit a store without buying atleast on bottle.(helps with the shakes)

Sign me up and let me know where the meetings are!

Another sign today.

I tried to convince the Patty that an unoccupied spot in the bedroom might be perfect for a decanter set.

Some of you may know this is the last sanctuary in the Pepcycle household.

(Somehow this makes up for pillows and candles appearing in all other rooms, including the garage)

Another sign today.

I tried to convince the Patty that an unoccupied spot in the bedroom might be perfect for a decanter set.

Some of you may know this is the last sanctuary in the Pepcycle household.

(Somehow this makes up for pillows and candles appearing in all other rooms, including the garage)

The pillows and candles can be overcome by ALSO having a pool table in the garage.

Yes, the garage.

Her half has the Bimmer, rolling flower pots, garden tools, a few pillows and an assortment of candles in waiting.

My half has the toolbox, sportbike, asst weaponry and keg refrigerator.

Nothing lies on the DMZ.

I don't know if I qualify. I don't have more whisk(e)y than I could possibly drink even though it might take me 10 years.

• 3 weeks later...

You just may have Whiskirexia Nervosa when while at Church for the first time in a couple of months...(Well OK, maybe a little longer than that...:o) you begin to dig on the powerful words in the Processional Hymn, "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name". During the second verse you glance down to notice that a certain Oliver Handel wrote the music for this song in.....1792...Hmmm...Which of course gets your mind to wondering that "I drained my last bottle of 1792 a few weeks ago"...and, "That really is a nice looking bottle, I need more"....and also begin pondering "I wonder what's going to happen to Barton with BT now owning them?"...and, "Wouldn't a Barton SB Barrel purchase be interesting?"...and, "I wonder if Oliver Handel was a bourbon drinker?"...and, "Do you think Oliver Handel knew Elijah Craig?"............................................................................................., until the hymn is over, the congregation sits, and you're still standing with this deep and thoughtful look on your face.

You know you gots it then....

Thunderstorms are moving through the area tonight. I don't think I'll step outside...:D

• 2 weeks later...

The official soon to be released DSM V (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition) will have either BRAD as a new addition to Axis I illnesses.

Bourbon or Rye Acquisition Disorder (it may also be referred to as R-BAD)

This I gleaned from being told about SRAD over at badgerandblade.com

Straight Razor Acquisition Disorder

• 8 months later...

I truly thought I was getting better, until tis week. I have a work trip planned and mapped out all the cities I have to go through as well as the liquor stores of each city. Looks like I still have it! I'll see you all in the what did you purchase today thread on Tuesday :lol: !

Cheers!

Tony

Count me in!!! I set out on my last Bourbon haul wanting to send $400-$500..figured that would last me all day...

Only problem was that budget only last the first 3 stores...there were many more stores to follow...just have to buy things when you see them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.