Do you have it?

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Still have it.

Traveled to relatively new hunting grounds this past week, as we passed by any liquor store, wife asks " do we need to stop?"

Doesn't help when you have a enabler.

B

I swear I have it worse. But the. Again, maybe because I am going through the honeymoon period being new to this and all.

ive been having dreams recently. I am just driving along and find a run down liquor store, like the one that's been around for 40 years just trying to get by these days (ever since that big box store opened up in town). Probably the first and only customer that day.

As I comb through the isles, I see all the standard labels but me being me, I am persistent. I even look at the bottom shelf, all the way in the back! And what do I find? Bottles and bottles of this older gentlemen with a cigar in hand and spectacles.

i need help!

If Whiskirexia nervosa is wrong, I don't want to be right.

That said, I had a bit of a breakthrough today. I get a lot of free whiskey. (I know, fuck me.) In the process, I get a lot of bad whiskey. Not bad, necessarily, more like 'meh?' But I can't bring myself to pour it out. Today, I did it. Just one bottle, but it's a start. This is important because bottles of whiskey in various states of consumption are taking over my fairly large apartment. Yes, I intend to replace them with bottles of whiskey I will actually buy, but also will drink. Life is too short for 'meh?' whiskey.

Charles, you should vatt up all the bad ones 5 or 6 to a vatt and give em out. This would tend to even out the flaws and make the vatt taste like standard brown (ask me how I know :P ).

"The Crowdery Slobberknocker," "Charles' Slopbucket," "The Colonel's Bird" or "Let Them Eat Cake" would all be titles fittings.

Sharpie on blue masking tape as labels, with bottles going to unfortunates on Second City corners would be a very noble and worthwhile gesture by the Colonel.

Afterall, there is a bourbon shortage agoing. :P

I have it, and I am proud of it! (Though my wife refuses to see it as a legitimate condition - she just calls it an "obsession."

Charles, you should vatt up all the bad ones 5 or 6 to a vatt and give em out. This would tend to even out the flaws and make the vatt taste like standard brown (ask me how I know :P ).

"The Crowdery Slobberknocker," "Charles' Slopbucket," "The Colonel's Bird" or "Let Them Eat Cake" would all be titles fittings.

Sharpie on blue masking tape as labels, with bottles going to unfortunates on Second City corners would be a very noble and worthwhile gesture by the Colonel.

Afterall, there is a bourbon shortage agoing. :P

I'm too scared to pour any Meh bourbon in my "little bit of everything vat". What goes in there is good os that what comes out is too.

you know you have it when...

you try new flavor toothpaste and try to decide which whiskey it reminds you of

you see a tractor trailor with GTS logo on the trailer and think this is omen to try next town for dusty hunting. and no, didn't find anything good at the next town.

• 3 years later...

Bump!

I fire up my computer every day when I get home from work. Gotta check my e-mails and other stuff, don't ya' know. ^_^ All the while that I'm on my computer, my bourbon cabinet sits right behind me just waiting. In other words, I can't help but think about bourbon. That being said, we're 9 days in to 2019, and though I've been tempted, I haven't bought a bottle yet. :huh:

My name is Joe, and I have Whiskeyrexia Nervosa. :mellow:

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.