Buffalo Trace tour guide

mobourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I am very happy and proud to announce that I have just learned today that I have gotten a tour guide position at Buffalo Trace!:grin: :grin: It is a dream come true to share my love and knowledge of bourbon to others. I have to thank so many of the SB.comers for their love and knowledge. I learned much here.

My wife and I are moving from PA to Frankfort the end of next week. And we found a house 6 miles from the distillery!

I hope to see all of you again since we will be so close to the Sampler and KBF now. I apologize for being so scarce around here that last couple of years. You are all great folks. :grin: :grin:

Fred,

Great to hear from you.

You are my hero!!!!

Good Luck!!!

Send Pics of new digs and keep us up to date.

Say "Hey" to all the BT folks we know and love.

Hey Beakerboy. Take care of Fred.

Congratulations Fred - that is an awesome achievment!!!!

Best of luck with the new role, and the move to KY (I'd move there tomorrow if the opportunity came up)

Please do keep us up to date :grin:

Cameron

Fantastic news! Just one more reason to schedule a visit to Kentucky. Best of Luck for what sounds like an opportunity that one could only wish for.

Fred,

That is great news. Congratulations! I am sorry that I did not get to see you at The Philadelphia Whiskey Festival. Hopefully, I will get to see you in April when Bourbon Joe and I travel to The Sampler.

Doug

All the best, Fred, you are the perfect person for this. Good luck, see you in the Spring.

Gary

What a great story, Fred. I'm getting choked up just thinking about it. Frankfort is a very nice town. But you have to like hills.

Fred,

Great to hear from you.

You are my hero!!!!

Good Luck!!!

Send Pics of new digs and keep us up to date.

Say "Hey" to all the BT folks we know and love.

Hey Beakerboy. Take care of Fred.

I'll make sure I keep an eye on him Ed.

• 4 months later...

Hey Fred, what's the latest on your new job?

Can you sneak anything out for your fellow SB.com members?

Oscar, I'm loving being a tour guide at BT. No, I can't sneak anything out.:frown: I can tell you we are selling 375 ml bottles of white dog and an outasight bourbon cream liquor only available at the distillery.

BT is a great place to work. It's like a family.And to be able to talk about about bourbon all day, especially to some who come through who know little or nothing about bourbon, I'm in heaven!

• 1 month later...

Hello mobourbon,

I have a question for you. Do you offer the Hard Hat Tours on Mondays?

My wife and I are heading to Kentucky for a 10 day bourbon tasting and tour vacation.

Itinerary:

We are leaving California on June 17th arriving in Bardstown on June 19th.

Staying at the General Nelson.

June 20th - Bourbon Academy at Woodford Reserve

June 21st - Anniversary (#14) Day with the wife shopping around Bardstown

June 22nd - Buffalo Trace Distillery Tour (hopefully Hard Hat)

June 23rd - Heaven Hill (Behind the scenes tour)

June 24th - Heading to Maker's Mark for tour then driving to Tullahoma

June 25th - George Dickel Tour (after tour heading home)

I can't wait 1 week in heaven.

Would anybody like to make any suggestions for things to see and places to eat and drink some bourbon.

Thank you in advance.

If there is anything anyone needs from California I can bring it with me.

If you have time on your way from Bardstown to Dickle, feel free to stop by Corsair Distillery. Even if we are not open, I will make sure to meet you to a tour and tasting. Heck, I can even pour you some of our unaged 100% rye if you are up for it.

Thanks Kickert,

I will start working on that. Sounds fun, and I would love to try that unaged 100% Rye.

I am looking at the map to see if I can stop by Corsair Distillery

Dave

Thanks Kickert,

I will start working on that. Sounds fun, and I would love to try that unaged 100% Rye.

I am looking at the map to see if I can stop by Corsair Distillery

Dave

If you are taking I-65 you will drive right through Bowling Green. The distillery is right downtown and is only a couple miles off the interstate.

Dave, Hope you have a wonderful time in Kentucky. Happy Anniversary in advance too! The only other thing I could suggest would be to try and make it to the Four Roses distillery. It's a very nice place, and they also have a very good tour. The gift shop is great too. Enjoy your time in bourbon heaven. Joe

Joe,

Thank you for reminding me.

I was so excited writing about the trip I forgot to list Four Roses. I am visiting them the same day as Buffalo Trace.

I am so looking forward to it.

Dave

Hello mobourbon,

I have a question for you. Do you offer the Hard Hat Tours on Mondays?

Hi Joe,

I've been out of town, so I apologize for being so late answering your question. Hard hat tours are M - F 10:30 AM and 1:30 PM. Call a day or 2 ahead of time. Ask for Fred. If I'm working the day you come, I'll give you the tour.

Dave,

I am not sure about your trip details but if you are going to Roses, Wild Turkey is only 10 minutes away. The Turkey tour is a little better tour and is well worth the visit plus you might get to meet Mr.Russell or his son.

Kendall

I hope you have a great trip. I'm jealous!! I've made two trips recently for distillery tours and they're a lot of fun and everyone's very nice. The Buffalo Trace hardhat tour is exceptionally worthwhile.

Thanks Kendall,

I was planning on the Wild Turkey tour (I work in the business) and I am getting the run around from WT. Still deciding if I want to due the Turkey.

Fred,

Not to worry about getting back to me. I figured you were busy are away.

Thank you I will call and see if you are working. Looking forward to the tour.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.