George T. Stagg 15 year old Single Barrel

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Guest **DONOTDELETE**
cool.gif Folks let me be the first to tell you that this stuff is wonderful! The label has yet to be approved by the B.A.T.F. but it is in the works. It will be of very limited quanties. Maybe as many as 1,000 bottles. Not cases - bottles. Snag 'em when and wherever you can. Great great stuff. Buy them! Buy them all!!! Just send me two - one to drink and one to keep. I luv it ! grin.gif

George T. Stagg 15 Year Old Single Barrel Uncut/Unfitered 137.4 Proof

nose: Thick Caramel, Warm

Taste: flowery, warm, (I thought I got some overripe citrusy taste, real sweet almost candied), buttery, caramel form the nose, the oak, spice.

mouthfeel: oily, big & warm, floats all the way down as if on a cloud, tingly

finish: a long slow building warmth that grows to butterscotch and finishes spicey, coating, SEXY.

Buy this stuff!!! Ken Weber says that they should price it around $45 and it seems to me to be a good deal at that point. While not as balanced as say, Blanton's, it is sooooooooo interesting tasting and complex that I wish I had a bottle now to explore my way through and give even better notes. The thing about this that amazed me most is how drinkable this stuff is neat. At that proofage you wold figure it to be nearly impossible, but it just floats on don quite comfortably. This is good stuff, I recommend it!!!!!!!!! BLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Tom (Can't Wait to See What The Packaging Looks Like) C

This is all that and more. It was a pleasure to taste this whiskey under these circumstances. I think if I am fortunate enough to grab a bottle of this I would like to do a side by side comparison to Booker's , as Greg has said he does . There were lots of highlights this day but I think the George T Stagg would by itself, have made the trip worthwhile. grin.gif

I am already pestering the liquor store i frequent to get me some of this as soon as it is available... I hope that some of it makes it to new york...

-chris

Guess if I can't find a bottle this photo will have to end up as a cutout standing up in my collection! This was some GREAT stuff! Warm and amazingly not overpowering for it's proof.

Linn, if it does not open automatically shocked.gif as it does for me, then look for the little word "attachment" (near the date) above the post. Click on that to open and you should be able to see it.

I WISH I had a bottle.

The photo came to me courtesy of Mark Brown at BT. (I was thinking it was Ken but Mark sent it along)

Supposedly they are producing 800 three-bottle cases for the National AND International markets so if you see it and liked buy it! It will not last long I am sure...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.