Old Original Kinsey Mash Bills + Grain shipped in and more

dave ziegler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well I had today off so I put on orange clothes because of Hunting season and went to Kinsey and In the Government Building O I found a bunch of original Kinsey Distillery Mash bills, orders showing the grains for each days production and a Old Small blueprint of the plant. So here they are

1. through 3. orders of incoming grain to be used that day

4. through 8. Original Kinsey Mash Bills i found today

9. Old Blue print of the plant

This was a great find they all are very close in amounts and all are dated in March of 1951 which provesmy story that Continental Distilling used the old Dsp-pa-12 at least till spring of 1951 as ludy said.

Enjoy!

Dave Z

===============================

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey

For Unhurried Moments

=============================

post-1964-14489815032684_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815032928_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815033149_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815033377_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815033627_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815057912_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815058262_thumb.jpg

post-1964-14489815058535_thumb.jpg

Dave, any clue as to the mashbill of Old Hickory....maybe it could be "recreated."

Jono No not much chance of Old Hickory Mash Bills being there this was all old stuff in the Government building and would all be old Kinsey I would think but I will be looking again soon most likely I will go there this coming Sunday. I wish I could have got there before Kids tossed everything around but still to find mash bills from 1951 is really awesome. The Old Hickory was most likely all made in Phila. These would have been stuff that was Kinsey Brands but I hope maybe I can find a Rittenhouse Rye Mash bill yet!

I wish someone would have the Old Hickory Mash Bill and bring itback the way it was as it will always be my Favorite Whiskey and to me the Best!

Dave Z

----------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

-------------------------------------------------------

Since most of us have not had it....how would you describe Old Hickory?

Is it similar to anything out there?

To answer my Q I found this:

"OLD HICKORY BONDED BOURBON Matched Set Decanter

Bottled in bond for Old Hickory Distilling Corp Philadelphia

Straight Bourbon Whisky

Distilled & bottled by Continental Distilling Corp R.D. PA

Spring 1950 Fall 1956 Proof 100"

But I have seen 86 proof versions too...bottles / ads etc.

http://graphic-design.tjs-labs.com/show-picture?id=1065219680

Since most of us have not had it....how would you describe Old Hickory?

Is it similar to anything out there?

To answer my Q I found this:

"OLD HICKORY BONDED BOURBON Matched Set Decanter

Bottled in bond for Old Hickory Distilling Corp Philadelphia

Straight Bourbon Whisky

Distilled & bottled by Continental Distilling Corp R.D. PA

Spring 1950 Fall 1956 Proof 100"

But I have seen 86 proof versions too...bottles / ads etc.

http://graphic-design.tjs-labs.com/show-picture?id=1065219680

Jono if you go to Page 11 of the My Memories thread and go to #110 I have versions of the Set you read about the Bottle on the Left is the BIB one the other was 86.6 Proof I think and I have a owners Manual for the lower proof set they came in the Coffee Caraf and it was a heatable carfe so you could have Bourbon in coffee these were old ones my Dad had and I found the owners manual laying on the floor at the plant 2 yrs ago.

I just about 5 weeks ago found a set of the BIB ones with Red caps the caps I have on these are the white ones, I will have to post a shot.

Found the Red cap ones at a large outdoor Flee market some lady had them in her basment.

I never had the100 proof Old Hickory but it must be awesome if someone has some I have had the 86.6 and the 80 proof and they are really good Bourbons. They also had a 20 year 100 proof Aniversaty version but the times I saw them they went for Big Bucks.

So go to that page and I thing that is the decanter set they are talking about, I was very Lucky to find the presentation box laying over in one of the Warehouses and have my red cap ones in the box for show empty sadly!

---------------------------------------------

Kinsey The Unhurried Whiskey

For Unhurried Moments

---------------------------------------------

I am going to take what I have of Received Grain and Mash Bills and give them to the Local Historic Society when I get stuff in groups. I am keeping a matched set which I am going to have Professionaly Framed and matted for History for my Collection. These are one of a Kind and the only ones so their place should be the Limerick Historic Society of Which I am a member and have given many other Kinsey Things to. I also will go back when I can get in there and look for other Government related Stuff for Kinsey.

I am so glad that in looking at my Picture I saw a chart for Alcohol losage laying on the Floor and Jeff also e mailed me about it. As when I went back to get it I dug in the piles of trash and found these wonderful pieces of History.

I will continue looking and saving things to be donated to museums as time goes by while I can still get in there and the places happen to be open.

These are Priceless treasures of Distilling History and of The Greatest Distiller of that time Publicker Industries! They also document that Dsp-Pa-12 ran many years at least 10 after Continental Distilling bought Kinsey.

One other thing can anyone break down from the amounts of Grain and the Mash Bills how many Gal the Old Dsp-Pa.- 12 had for out put?

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------

It Seems All the Nicest people Drink Old Hickory

America's Most magnificent Bourbon

-----------------------------------------------

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.