Happy 75th Anniversary Repeal of Prohibition Day!

Jono
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight deserves a very nice pour to celebrate....as I have recently

acquired some select whiskeys (thanks to my secret Santa)..... tomorrow is St. Nicholas day too...I think I will taste some JD Silver Select...my first experience...then move on to a very nice Canadian...maybe the Alberta 25....and if I am still in the mood....a nice smooth bourbon to end the evening....maybe EWSB or Old Forester Signature.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/controversies/1131637220.html

"Frederic Rene Coudert Sr., a Manhattan lawyer stated his position strongly: "The 18th Amendment does not represent a law. ... It is a piece of fanaticism. . . . Call out the Navy. . . . Put every citizen who violates the law into jail and have accommodations for 50 or 60 million. Then take the consequences of the government that does that of being swept out of existence."

This is kind of worrisome...

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/75-Years-After-Prohibition-Repeal/story.aspx?guid=%7B126A78ED-63FE-43C6-B40D-5CAD24285E08%7D

AMEN!! Happy Repeal Day everyone!!! This should be a national holiday!! Shoot, an international holiday!

AMEN!! Happy Repeal Day everyone!!! This should be a national holiday!! Shoot, an international holiday!

Wait, Hold On! You mean to tell me that it is not? I happen to have today off but it seems to me that I have always had this day.

Coincidence? I think not!

We need to get some kind of a Bill in front of Congress.

Dan, how do we proceed from here ?

Wait, Hold On! You mean to tell me that it is not? I happen to have today off but it seems to me that I have always had this day.

Coincidence? I think not!

I actually took the day off as well!

Yes, Happy 75th Anniversary of the repeal of prohibition to one and all! I'm going to celebrate by picking up a couple of gifts set of the Old Forester Repeal Bourbon! A local store ordered a couple just for me. What a treat. Repeal Bourbon on the 75th anniversary of the repeal of prohibition. It don't get no better than that! Joe

Hey, Joe. Be sure to post some tasting notes on the Repeal Bourbon. Just cracked my bottle. Lots of fruit. And lots of different flavors. Not real integrated but I still like it. A lot! Thank god, the dark days are behind us. Long live Repeal!

-Mike

No OF Repeal here, but I'm really enjoying a pour of OF Signature to celebrate!

Happy (Belated) Repeal Day to all. I celebrated Repeal Day at a BYOB wine tasting. We shared a toast at the end to the repeal of prohibition.

Given yesterday's revelry, perhaps today should be known as National Hangover Day. :grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.