Putting this hear because of the price....

davek
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I apologize if doing this is wrong and if it is please feel free to tell me. I am new but thought this was worth broadcasting.

Malt Advocate Marketplace has the New York Whisky Fest etched Glencairn Nosing glass for $5 each. They are on closeout....regular price was $31 each.

NOW ONLY $5. Go get some at this great price.

Halfway down the marketplace you will see them.

https://www.maltadvocate.com/active_content/Marketplace.asp

If this against the rules please clip the thread....

I put it here because it will get seen and benefit the members.

Dave

Shipping was a little much...but it is glass and I am assuming the packing will be plenty expensive.

Even with the shipping....it's a deal.

Glad I could steer a deal.

Dave

Dave, it's ok. It's not like you're posting a verbatim advertisement from a retailer who'll blatantly profit from you putting the info here. I am going to move it to the Paraphenelia forum though. I might order a couple just not sure I want to pay the $12 fpr shipping, like you said, seems a little high.

Dave, it's ok.

Christian, I thought that you were gonna post a link to the 15 yr. AH Hirsch Reserve going for $300 you found.

Dave, it's ok. It's not like you're posting a verbatim advertisement from a retailer who'll blatantly profit from you putting the info here. I am going to move it to the Paraphenelia forum though. I might order a couple just not sure I want to pay the $12 fpr shipping, like you said, seems a little high.

I apologize....another member told me after I posted it in a PM. My intentions we good and appreciate you seeing that.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, even with the shipping...seems to be a fairly good price. AND....nice to have a piece of history....EVEN if we didn't go to the convention. :cool:

But when you have guests over...after polishing off a few rare bottles of fine small batch...I bet you can pretend you WERE there.:grin:

Next time I will be sure to put it in the right spot.

Dave

I apologize....another member told me after I posted it in a PM. My intentions we good and appreciate you seeing that.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, even with the shipping...seems to be a fairly good price. AND....nice to have a piece of history....EVEN if we didn't go to the convention. :cool:

But when you have guests over...after polishing off a few rare bottles of fine small batch...I bet you can pretend you WERE there.:grin:

Next time I will be sure to put it in the right spot.

Dave

No worries at all Dave, and yeah I might go ahead and get a couple, I was trying to find a good price point on shipping but they seem to raise it a good few bucks for every additional glass. But I could give a couple to my buddy as an xmas gift since he seems to have lost 3 of the 4 bourbon reidels I gave him a few years back. Definitely need something quality to drink out when there.

Christian, I thought that you were gonna post a link to the 15 yr. AH Hirsch Reserve going for $300 you found.

Nah, auction site links aren't in good favor around here. But I'll post a pic since i'd never seen it and doubt many others had as well. Although I have a sneaking suspicion this will start a conversation about it, if so I'll move the comments to a new thread.

post-1291-14489815074021_thumb.jpg

post-1291-14489815074252_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the tip I ordered 4 of them even with shipping they were only $10 a piece.

I don't know why, but I ordered a set of the New York 2008 and a set of the San Francisco 2008 glasses at the six for $30 discount price.

Turns out that a set of 6 counts as ONE ITEM for shipping purposes, so I was only charged $12 for a dozen glasses ($8 for the first item and $4 for the second).

So, Paul, you'd have come out better buying half a dozen @$30 than four @$5.

A half dozen are $30+$8=$38. Four ordered as individual items are ($5x4)+$8+($4x3)=$40. You could have had six for two bucks less. :grin:

Binny's sells them on the shelf--not engraved, of course--for about $10 each, so that seems a fair price. I have rather a nice set of the MA ones, as I've attended every WhiskeyFest in Chicago.

UPDATE ON SHIPPING....

Just got a call from Nancy Fox at MA. The website doesn't know how to calculate the proper shipping on single glasses ordered in a bunch.

I got 6 glasses and the shipping quote was $28 bucks. She called to tell me that is was only $12.

So...go get those glasses. It's a great price.

Mine just arrived today (Christmas Eve) via UPS. They look great! I'll be putting them to good use tonight.

I originally ordered a dozen ... six of the New York 2008 Fest and six of the San Fran 2008 Fest. They called to tell me that they were out of the San Fran so I said to send me two (six piece) sets of New York 2008 ... half a dozen arrived today with an invoice for a dozen and it says everything was shipped. Package says 1 of 1. Somebody screwed up.

I originally ordered a dozen ... six of the New York 2008 Fest and six of the San Fran 2008 Fest. They called to tell me that they were out of the San Fran so I said to send me two (six piece) sets of New York 2008 ... half a dozen arrived today with an invoice for a dozen and it says everything was shipped. Package says 1 of 1. Somebody screwed up.

The customer svc is pretty good over there. They will make good on it I am sure. I think her name was Kathy Fox?

Chin up bro....they'll come. Tell them to throw in a few EXTRA for the inconvenience.

:smiley_acbt::cool:

The customer svc is pretty good over there. They will make good on it I am sure. I think her name was Kathy Fox?

Chin up bro....they'll come. Tell them to throw in a few EXTRA for the inconvenience.

:smiley_acbt::cool:

Well, just from the fact that they called me about the San Fran glasses being out of stock, I could tell that their customer service was good. So I'm not worried. It's just that I'll have to remember to call them after the first of the year because I seem to recall that they'll be be closed for the remainder of 2008. The glasses are really nice though. And at this price, they are a HUGE bargain. At least I have half a dozen that tha'll do for now. Man, shipping was FAST. I think I placed the order online Sunday night!!!

I received my glasses... kind of... on the 24th. I had ordered two of the whisky fest glasses. I received four glasses however they were plain and not the etched glass.

I didn't receive a call or a note about this, so I am not clear on if they were out of the etched glasses and just tossed in two extra hoping to make up for it. Or if this was a real error. I won't complain though... the price including shipping ended up being $5.50 per glass.

Got mine in the mail yesterday using one this morning. They're nice little more to them than the Riedel glasses don't feel like they're going to break setting it down.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.