Need suggestions for a liquor cabinet

davek
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Looking for something with 2 or 4 lower glass doors and a top that is least 18-24 inches wide and 4 to 6 feet long.

I can't build it myself and looking to spend about $500-$600.

I like the Howard Miller Cabernet but everything I see has wine holders which would be completely wasted as I want to display.

This would be perfect if it didn't have the wine part and wasn't $1000 not including shipping.

I want something that is quality not quantity.

land_howardmiller07_1.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of my new "bar' before adding my stash. Joe
Check this post under thread Home Bar Liquor Cabinet. Joe

Have you tried Googling this on the internet I found several that fit your bill in description but not in price. They're a lot more expensive than your planning on. But they look real nice.

I was searching craigslist in my area and found this solid wood Pier 1 Imports set up listed, like new for $100. Called the guy and offered $75 cash and I would get it tonight. He agreed.

I plan on oiling it up, taking out the wine holders and putting in 2 shelves. I just need to find someone to cut theshelves for me or try and find the perfect pre-made size in the store. Drill shelf holder holes, get a few shelf pins and BOOM...done. I may re-stain it...but I kinda like the way it is.

I really wanted a glass door but this will do I guess.

Can anyone suggest any simple modifications?

Here it is:

1f81251483nc3k73pe8ch1b66180ea61c1746.jpg

Dave, I'm really not trying to be a smartass, but trust me here, You're gonna need a bigger cabinet!:slappin: Seriously, good luck, and I hope what you have works out fine for you. Joe

It sounds crazy but you might "need" space for your 20 or 30 "current drinkers" to be out in your cabinet/ hutch/ sideboard.

You can store the rest in the bunker. ;)

Also, as you've implied, it's best not to lay down your wikkey - cork taint or even leakage of the precious fluids could result.

Roger

Dave,

I agree with Joe, but you can think of this as being a starter cabinet.

Will

Exactly. I just picked it up....looks nice.

It has an extension on the back and if I rip out the wine holder...I can shelf that space. Thinking...including the top...I can fit 100 bottles in/on it.

Should have it filled in................

3 days :slappin::slappin::slappin::slappin::slappin::slappin::slappin::slappin::slappin:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This one is illustrated with a beer barrel but it would also suit a buffalo trace barrel in the middle for you and your best mates to rest their savoured pours on.

post-3711-14489815307371_thumb.jpg

This one is illustrated with a beer barrel but it would also suit a buffalo trace barrel in the middle for you and your best mates to rest their savoured pours on.

I'll take one! But I have to win the lottery first... BB

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.