28 yo. Heaven Hill / Rare Wild Turkey bottling

bourbonmed
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Is it true there's a 28-year-old bourbon made by Heaven Hill? Where does one find it? Wondering what 28-year-old bourbon might taste like.

Has anyone seen a very fancy one liter bottle (decanter) of 8-year-old Wild Turkey 101? A local store is asking $350, saying it's rare. Is it really a desirable collector item, worth that much?

Thanks

Heaven Hill makes and bottles a 23 year. A lot of people think it is 28 years old. The proof is 107 and the label is (BLUE) Evan Williams with blue wax. I am looking at it right now. I put it on display this year at the Heaven Hill Bourbon Festival booth because in years past a lot of questions were asked about it. This rare bourbon is Export only (Japan).

I was talking Craig Beam (our master distiller in training-Parker's son) at the booth this weekend and he told me that a lot of times when they pop the bung on the barrel they would be lucky to get one gallon of whiskey out of it! Those angels sure take their share on the 23 year.

boone

"Is it true there's a 28-year-old bourbon made by Heaven Hill? Where does one find it?"

I don't know about 28 years old, but Heaven Hill has bottled some very old bourbon exclusively for the Japanese market. I recall in at least one instance that some 20+ year old barrels were "discovered" at Heaven Hill. They weren't intentionally aged that long, but had gotten lost in the bookkeeping and were only discovered by accident. I know those were destined for Japan and may be the product you heard about.

--Chuck Cowdery

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.