Where is Rittenhouse 100 in DE or MD?

PAspirit1
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone ever seen Rittenhouse Rye 100 in the Northern Delaware or Northern Maryland area?

No sadly or I would come down from Pa to get some but as far as I know neither carries Rittenhouse and that is Ironic as it was first made by The Company I worked for Continental Distilling in Pa way back when and it was in all 3 states then.

Pa has a system that is almost commy Like in that if you want it you can special order it but have to buy a least a case if you are rich I guess that ok but most people can't do that!

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------------

It Seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

America's Most Magnificent Bourbon

----------------------------------------------------

No sadly or I would come down from Pa to get some but as far as I know neither carries Rittenhouse and that is Ironic as it was first made by The Company I worked for Continental Distilling in Pa way back when and it was in all 3 states then.

Pa has a system that is almost commy Like in that if you want it you can special order it but have to buy a least a case if you are rich I guess that ok but most people can't do that!

Dave Z

Thanks. I knew it was a long shot but I thought I would give ity a try. I've never heard of Continental Distilling. I have been curious about PA's distilling history and I will look into it.

I'm not doing the SLO thing but the PLCB still gets some of my money. The website is great. You can find out what each store has and how many. Also, they have regular sales and closeouts.

Thanks. I knew it was a long shot but I thought I would give ity a try. I've never heard of Continental Distilling. I have been curious about PA's distilling history and I will look into it.

I'm not doing the SLO thing but the PLCB still gets some of my money. The website is great. You can find out what each store has and how many. Also, they have regular sales and closeouts.

Heres a quick tip for you Binny's from IL will ship to you because they are the only ones to ship to Pa. They carry Both the 80 proof and 100 proof Rittenhouse Rye. As For Continental Distilling they were the original makers of Rittenhouse Rye from 1933 till 1979 when they went out of Bussiness. They where part of Publicker Industries the world Largest maker of all Alcohols back then 5,000 employees back then, and I worked for them if you are interested in their History just check out my Threads on them in the History Section my Biggest thread is called my memories of Kinsey Distilling one of their plants and the place I worked right out of high school in 1966 at 19 yrs old. Rittenhouse Rye the New version is good rye so look up Binnys on line and you can order both they are the only One I ever found that would ship to this state because of the PLCB! Also when you get it you will note that they Honor Continental by Putting Continental Distilling KY on the Label that is the old school way using the original Makers name with the new place it is made.

I hope I have been helpful to you in getting the Rittenhouse!

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------

It Seems All the Nicest people Drink Old Hickory

America's most Magnificent Bourbon

--------------------------------------------------

Heres a quick tip for you Binny's from IL will ship to you because they are the only ones to ship to Pa. They carry Both the 80 proof and 100 proof Rittenhouse Rye. As For Continental Distilling they were the original makers of Rittenhouse Rye from 1933 till 1979 when they went out of Bussiness. They where part of Publicker Industries the world Largest maker of all Alcohols back then 5,000 employees back then, and I worked for them if you are interested in their History just check out my Threads on them in the History Section my Biggest thread is called my memories of Kinsey Distilling one of their plants and the place I worked right out of high school in 1966 at 19 yrs old. Rittenhouse Rye the New version is good rye so look up Binnys on line and you can order both they are the only One I ever found that would ship to this state because of the PLCB! Also when you get it you will note that they Honor Continental by Putting Continental Distilling KY on the Label that is the old school way using the original Makers name with the new place it is made.

I hope I have been helpful to you in getting the Rittenhouse!

Dave Z

-----------------------------------------------

It Seems All the Nicest people Drink Old Hickory

America's most Magnificent Bourbon

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks Dave. I will look into it - shipping costs and whatnot.

• 2 weeks later...

Any Luck with the Rittenhouse Rye Paspirit? Binnys is the Only one that will ship to Pa I got 2 bottles last year and not to bad for the shipping. I get very ticked off at the system we have hear it is getting to the Point they might as well call the stores the Wine and Jim Beam stores!

Dave Z

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

It seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

Any Luck with the Rittenhouse Rye Paspirit? Binnys is the Only one that will ship to Pa I got 2 bottles last year and not to bad for the shipping. I get very ticked off at the system we have hear it is getting to the Point they might as well call the stores the Wine and Jim Beam stores!

Dave Z

It seems All The Nicest People Drink Old Hickory

Hi Dave,

I haven't yet looked into that. I'm making a wild guess that it will cost $10 for shipping. Paying a shipping fee that is nearly equal to the cost of the item being shipped is a mental hurdle for me. On the other hand, at $20 to $25 total, I guess it's not that bad.

• 1 month later...

If you haven't found any yet, Cranberry in Westminster, MD carries it. If you go there, get the 10% coupon from their web site.

Jay

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.