BTAC Info Sheet Thread

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Party Source put them all on sale at 8am this morning:

Friday, October 7th, at 8:00 a.m.

George T. Stagg

Eagle Rare 17

Sazerac Rye 18

William Larue Weller

Thomas Handy Rye

To distribute these coveted whiskeys to as many Bourbon lovers as possible, sales of the BTAC are limited as follows:

You may purchase one bottle of George T. Stagg, plus your choice of ONE additional BTAC bottle.

If you do not want any Stagg, you are not required to buy it— however you may still buy only ONE other BTAC bottle of your choice.

We cannot sell two bottles of the same thing, under any circumstances.

Sales of the BTAC are first come, first serve; there is no waiting list.

The price this year for the BTAC is $69.99 per bottle.

TPS only had only about 12 bottles of WLW and not many more than that of ER and Saz. The GTS was in good supply but all of the BTAC was gone in a matter of minutes. I'm guessing that some people that were in line waiting for the store to open got nothing.

I was at Party Source at 8:10 this morning and asked about the BTAC. They said it sold out in 7 minutes, at which point I realized how vastly I underestimated the popularity of these whiskies. One clerk also said that that was the fastest she had ever seen it all sell out, which leads me to believe that I turned 21 one year too late.

Anyone know of somewhere else besides party source in the Cincinnati/northern Kentucky area where I might be able to find some?

You're probably out of luck... although Handy sometimes turns up on the shelves of smaller stores after the initial madness dies down.

Wow, talk about missing the boat....I just now found out that the BTAC hit here 3 weeks ago and the GTS & WLW are already gone. I didn't even think it had made it here yet. I need to pay closer attention.

I remember the days when Stagg would be on the shelves in Lexington up through the holiday season.

Beaumont Liquor Barn started selling them at 10am today (would only let you buy 1 bottle per customer -- not one of each) -- and all but the Handy was gone within an hour.

They still have not shown up in S. Indiana, The Liquor stores down here are going to hate me by the time they get here

TPS had ~60 people waiting at 8 am this morning. Many went from there to Cork & Bottle where Stagg lasted until about 8:45.

I'm optimistic about my orders, but stores are already accepting orders for NEXT year. I'm going to start drinking other stuff.

If you're in Houston let me know. I know of one store that had several bottles of WLW and Handy on Thursday and one bottle of GTS. I'm new to the site, so I don't know how you can send me a private communication.

If you're in Houston let me know. I know of one store that had several bottles of WLW and Handy on Thursday and one bottle of GTS. I'm new to the site, so I don't know how you can send me a private communication.

Just sent a pm. Some people from work are going to be in Houston next week, but I'm not sure yet if I'm one of them,

They still have not shown up in S. Indiana, The Liquor stores down here are going to hate me by the time they get here

Whereabouts are you?

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evansville, I have been checking everyday for the past couple of weeks.

Yeah, I can't offer any help down there. The furthest south my searching goes is around my hometown of Columbus.

I've had good luck up here in Indy.

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have a few feelers down there as well. Historically, Evansville does not get a large allotment, so you need to be quick.

If I run across any extras, I'll point you the way.

Godspeed.... :grin:

Thanks, I know the ONE store that gets an

OK alotment and am calling once a day, I have bought enough there of good quality stuff that my presence is known.

Just hoping WA will get some I dropped the ball last year on a bottle of Stagg. DOH. I won't do it this year if I get the opportunity

• 2 weeks later...

Saz18 is everywhere here in SE WI and I found a store with 3 bottles of the Eagle Rare 17 from 2010, but that is all I have seen so far. I am hoping to find a bottle of the Stagg and WLW this year.

Thanks, I know the ONE store that gets an

OK alotment and am calling once a day, I have bought enough there of good quality stuff that my presence is known.

I haven't seen squat on the shelves here in MA yet. I wonder if it's all lottery or lists this year and from here out? I'm glad I have gobs from previous years bunkered... :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.