BTAC Info Sheet Thread

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Like you, I noticed that MA seems like it's been on total radio silence for weeks. I expect a raffle out at Julio's to happen pretty soon. It has to, right?

However, the BTAC has landed in the NH state system. Don't know exactly when it got there but you have a puncher's chance this week if you can make the drive. I got a Stagg and a Saz 18 today for 55 bucks each, and got a serious chuckle from the manager who was complaining about all the calls she had to field today before exhorting me to just drink Old Crow instead.

?I just got backed from my local store and they had bottles and bottles of BTAC. If anyone wants a location, send me a PM.

Stumbled upon some Handy last night. First time I've seen something other than the Saz18 in this years collection. Grabbed a bottle.

Ohio does get a little bit, but I have only ever seen the Stagg and Saz 18 rye!

Thomas

Last year I had a store offer to order WLW for me, apparently it was in their price book.

A couple liquor stores here still have multiple bottles of the full 2010 collection still on the shelves, I'll have to check the proofs and see if any 2011 is on the shelf.

Apparently these Mountain Jacks don't know good bourbon.......Oh well, just leaves that much more for me :toast:

I'm curious what people think of this years GTS and WLW compared to last years. I'm currently out of town and had some purchased for me but am unable to try it til I get home in 3 weeks.

Thought I tracked down a bottle of WLW, but the manager just called and said that some other store got her bottle. She said that due to a clerical error, a store somewhere got two cases instead of two bottles. She is trying to track down the store and ask them to reserve a bottle, but the distributor's computers were down so they don't know where they went. :hot:

Thought I tracked down a bottle of WLW, but the manager just called and said that some other store got her bottle.

A guy bought my local store out of BTAC... when they were helping him to his car they saw cases of the stuff in his trunk. Sigh.

The WLW will be tougher ti find this year... and its a good one....

I got lucky this time around. They managed to find the mis-shipped cases and were able to retrieve them, so the manager held a bottle for me. Fortunately, they were sent to stores that usually sell 40s and cheap gin so they had no idea what landed in their laps. :rolleyes:

A guy bought my local store out of BTAC... when they were helping him to his car they saw cases of the stuff in his trunk. Sigh.

I'm curious what people think of this years GTS and WLW compared to last years. I'm currently out of town and had some purchased for me but am unable to try it til I get home in 3 weeks.

GTS. Typical Stagg flavors. This year seems to have more of a dried fruit presence and feels a little smoother. Excellent vintage and very similar to last year just a little more fruit. IMO.

Weller is also excellent. More like the 09 than the 10. Which IMO is a good thing also seems to be a little fuller than last years rendition. Another excellent vintage.

Bottom line; Neither will disappoint. :grin:

Great.

I have been watching one of these idiots choke on the BT Oak project bottlings on the Bay. Loving it.

I never did buy into the Oak Project concept: So, I'm supposed to pay super-premium prices for what may turn out to be (at best) a so-so, OK, bourbon just so BT can "get my input"? They should be paying me.... !

I never did buy into the Oak Project concept: So, I'm supposed to pay super-premium prices for what may turn out to be (at best) a so-so, OK, bourbon just so BT can "get my input"? They should be paying me.... !

This was MY THOUGHT EXACTLY. However, I'll be quite interested in which combination of factors is eventually picked as the best. Whenever they start making that expression regularly, I'll buy in.

Outstanding point.

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see this thread began with the posting of the Fact Sheets

(hence the "Info" in the title) but it seems that general BTAC

discussion is maintained so I thought I'd share my BTC story.

I decided to pass on this year's release since I have a few

unopened bottles from previous years and figured I'd work

on some VW stuff when it hit NY. Clicking around a few on-line

sellers looking for x-mas gifts, I plug in my standard search

term of "weller" and the WLW pops up in the results. Surprised

to see that so I search for "stagg" and it's a hit too. Seems

odd to see them listed so I mail the proprietor and ask if these

are in stock or the website needed updating. I get a reply that

he has set one of each aside for me and to order when I'm

ready. I'm not even sure what release these are from but

I'll take it as a sign that I should have these bottles. Yes, yes

I should.

...sigh...

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in....

I see this thread began with the posting of the Fact Sheets

(hence the "Info" in the title) but it seems that general BTAC

discussion is maintained so I thought I'd share my BTC story.

I decided to pass on this year's release since I have a few

unopened bottles from previous years and figured I'd work

on some VW stuff when it hit NY. Clicking around a few on-line

sellers looking for x-mas gifts, I plug in my standard search

term of "weller" and the WLW pops up in the results. Surprised

to see that so I search for "stagg" and it's a hit too. Seems

odd to see them listed so I mail the proprietor and ask if these

are in stock or the website needed updating. I get a reply that

he has set one of each aside for me and to order when I'm

ready. I'm not even sure what release these are from but

I'll take it as a sign that I should have these bottles. Yes, yes

I should.

...sigh...

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in....

"Here fishy, fishy.":fish2: :fish2: :lol:

Agreed.

I thought I would buy one or two for the fun of it but no great loss.

I have 1 Stagg and am hoping to get 2 more in a couple of weeks when they land in WA 1 for my Dad and one so I can drink 1 and try to wait to drink the other. Also hoping to get 1 Thomas Handy which I will also drink

Howdy All:

I have now gotten one Stagg, two WLW and just today found the Sazerac. I am good now and happy although one more Stagg would be nice but I doubt I will find one.

Best regards, tony

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.