BTAC Info Sheet Thread

barturtle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have an 04 Stagg sheet. How can I send it to you?

Please scan and post it here for the archives.

Sent from my Windows Phone 7 using Board Express

• 2 months later...
Remember when they say the age of a bourbon they have to go with the youngest whiskey in the mix. Maybe they had some 15 year barrels that had hit their prime and didn't want them to start to start going south on them.

post-8493-14489819593074_thumb.jpg

Could well be. But past spec sheets have always suggested what was bottled was from a particular run of whiskey or at least all during a particular time period. Perhaps this year they mixed barrels from different years and that would seem to be a change. And not necessarily a good one. Might provide more volume available for bottling. Or maybe the distillate from 17 years ago wasn't up to snuff. But it does seem a bit concerning and I would be interested to know why. I probably never will know why of course. Nor is it likely to be any less expensive as a result!

I agree with Paul's take on it, age is just one of the factors.

Indeed it is. But it is certainly an important factor. And why they are making this seemingly fairly significant change this year is something I would be curious to know the reason for.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've moved the general 2013 BTAC discussion to it's own thread here. Please continue to explore the collection there.

The only posts in this thread should be scanned copies of the information sheets that Sazerac includes in BTAC cases each year or requests for sheets that may be missing.

Keeping the annual release discussion separate from the info sheets will make searches much easier for future generations of SB'ers.

Edited by callmeox

George Stagg:

I need to re-scan the 09. I'll do that tomorrow and ask a mod to add it to this thread. The file is corrupted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16669[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16670[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16671[/ATTACH]

Eagle Rare 17, Sazerac 18, and Thomas H. Handy 2013

Was searching for the info sheets on the '13 Saz & Handy - Thanks!

Dang! So close. Just went through all 21 pages.

Looking for the '04 GTS sheet, if anyone can link or post the thumbnail?!

Thanks

Thanks, Joe! Appreciate it!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I went through the entire thread and made a list of what I think is missing. If anyone can fill these holes in, it would be much appreciated. I am have a master file going, so once completed I can upload the zip.

*Eagle Rare 17: 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004

*George T Stagg: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 (Spring KY), 2005 (Spring External)

*Sazerac 18: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004

*W.L. Weller: 2000, 2001, 2002

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, chappy6107 said:

does anyone know the release dates for this year?

Same as every year. Fall release, varies by state and is determined by distributors.

• 3 weeks later...

That's good news all around.  Hope the GTS quality doesn't suffer from such a big release.  Also interesting there's almost no ER this year.  

All those barrels of 2015 Stagg that were released meant one less barrel that could grow up and become ER17 and nobody was thinking much about increasing production in 2000! Same likely goes for the increasing number of barrels of Stagg released in 2016 and this year. One less barrel for a possible future as ER17 I would guess.

That said I don't mind the possibility of a little better (and I emphasize it is likely only a little better) chance at getting a Stagg this year.

Edited by tanstaafl2

I don't mind better odds of getting bottles of Stagg, but I sure am skeptical that they have that many more barrels than in the past that all maintain past quality levels. These barrels were laid down before the production ramped up significantly so either they got lucky with a higher % of barrels being great quality or this is going to be a quality drop.....

I haven't really tried  to get any BTAC in about 5 years now. Maybe, just maybe, I might have to take a look see at getting a WLW this year. That being said, I ain't gonna hold my breath. :mellow:

Cheers! Joe

It’s interesting the number of bottles of Handy hasn’t increased that much. HH has Pikesville on the shelves at all times — the specs aren’t that different. Maybe BT has to set aside a bunch for Saz 18?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.