Rittenhouse Rye BIB in KY

kickert
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well thanks for the advice, guys! Problem is, it was hard enough to find the regular Rittenhouse. I found a site that sells the 125-proof one for about €30, I think. That's about $42... I have the money, but it just seems stupid to waste that much on it when I'll be back in the States for Thanksgiving! I hope I can find some of the BIB on Boston's North Shore...

125 would probably be barrel proof, which isn't sold in the U.S.

The store you linked to has the BIB for €25,90.

Well thanks Chuck... I wonder if it's worth placing another order? My birthday is in 3 hours so I guess it won't be here in time for then, and I do already have a lot of whiskey, let alone booze in general. I guess it depends... would it be worth getting some of that Hirsch or Platte Valley corn whiskey too? If it were, maybe I'd put in another order...

But I guess the point is, I should've got a bottle of the BIB instead of the Blanton Special Reserve! The SR is too bland and watered-down. I guess there's a reason they don't sell it back home...

Well thanks Chuck... I wonder if it's worth placing another order? My birthday is in 3 hours so I guess it won't be here in time for then, and I do already have a lot of whiskey, let alone booze in general. I guess it depends... would it be worth getting some of that Hirsch or Platte Valley corn whiskey too? If it were, maybe I'd put in another order...

But I guess the point is, I should've got a bottle of the BIB instead of the Blanton Special Reserve! The SR is too bland and watered-down. I guess there's a reason they don't sell it back home...

If you want a good bottle of corn whiskey get the Mellow Corn.

Well thanks for the advice, guys! Problem is, it was hard enough to find the regular Rittenhouse. I found a site that sells the 125-proof one for about €30, I think. That's about $42... I have the money, but it just seems stupid to waste that much on it when I'll be back in the States for Thanksgiving! I hope I can find some of the BIB on Boston's North Shore...
125 would probably be barrel proof, which isn't sold in the U.S.

The store you linked to has the BIB for €25,90.

I would love to try the barrel proof version of Rittenhouse. I've only ever tried the BIB.

I see the 21 & 23 yr versions all over the place, and they don't seem to be selling. The same stores seem to have had the same bottle on the shelf for years now. I just can't bring myself to spend around $140 for a bottle.

Thanks again, Chuck! Once I get to 80 euros, it's free shipping... :-) I'll have to figure out what to get with the other 40 euros...

I see the 21 & 23 yr versions all over the place, and they don't seem to be selling. The same stores seem to have had the same bottle on the shelf for years now. I just can't bring myself to spend around $140 for a bottle.

I know of a very, very dusty bottle of BMH 21yo rye, also for $140.

• 1 month later...

When does the Bernheim-produced Rittenhouse BIB hit the market? I want to compare it to the Brown-Forman bottles that are currently out.

When does the Bernheim-produced Rittenhouse BIB hit the market? I want to compare it to the Brown-Forman bottles that are currently out.

Earlier in this thread I estimated that we will see Bernheim-produced Rittenhouse in about 2013.

I remember seeing it somewhere but I was thinking I had heard elsewhere it was 2011 but I wasn't sure. I trust your facts over others since you're in the know on these matters! I wonder if there will be much of a flavor change.

Just got me a full case of Rittenhouse 100 BiB! WOOT WOOT!

Nice grab! Hopefully it lasts more than a few weeks. I go through a few dozen bottles a year.

Hopefuly you've had some luck since the beginning of this thread...

I recently was down at Maryland's gov store, and it seemed like they were having a fire sale.

Everything was slashed the place was a madhouse.

They actually had bottles of this there for $15 clams!!!

Never mind there was a guy filling up his cart with a ton of booze and stealing everything in site.

Wisconsin retailers were just offered a "pre-sell" on the BiB, and we should see it soon after over a year of drought. I've gotta believe it will be Bernheim, but we'll soon see. :cool: :cool:

• 1 month later...
Just got me a full case of Rittenhouse 100 BiB! WOOT WOOT!

Well I just scraped up 6 bottles down here in OZ. Its not a case, but I sure am happy.

• 3 months later...

I have been looking for some for a while in SC. Finally found some and managed to get three bottles from a small store here.

Tried it that evening and foun dit to be really good. Nice aromatic nose and good spicy taste. Glad I found it and brought it home.

• 5 months later...

Stay on the Kentucky side. I don't know specifically that Cork 'n Bottle and Party Source have them, but those are the historic choices. You can also call or email them in advance and they'll probably let you know what they have in stock.

Now's the time.

• 2 months later...

Can anybody quote a "fair" price on what Rittenhouse Rye BIB/750 ml ought to run in the NW Kentucky/SW Indiana market?

I just got off the phone with a local liquor store and she said she would not know the price until this Thursday when it comes in and would be calling me. I talked to her about ordering some if she could get it last week. She also secured a bottle of Old Overholt for me to get as well.

I'm thinking $20 is on the high end for this market but not sure. I really want to pick them up just don't want to overpay.

I was say a fair price is anything between 17-25. 25 is the highest I have ever seen it. I get one about a month ago for 15.95 in SE Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Overholt had to be special ordered? That's unusual.

I would expect it to be around $20. People who are seeing it for less are probably seeing old stock. If this is new stock bought at the current wholesale price, I'd guess $20 and say that anything less than $20 is a deal.

Old Overholt had to be special ordered? That's unusual.

I would expect it to be around $20. People who are seeing it for less are probably seeing old stock. If this is new stock bought at the current wholesale price, I'd guess $20 and say that anything less than $20 is a deal.[/Q

She did not have any on the shelves??? So I asked her to get me some along the Rittenhouse Rye BIB. I suppose this is a special order??? I don't think this store ever even carries Rye, except for some very small bottles of Jim Beam rye I thin it was.

Thanks guys. I know better on the price now and appreciate you. I am pretty sure this will be new stock from the warehouse to the best of my knowledge.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.