New Riedel Bourbon Glass

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Linn,

Nice review. I rated mine higher. I like the smaller bell. I have a larger proboscis, so I have naturally enhanced concentration of vapors. The Riedel works for me in that aspect. If you're like me, the Riedels will grow on you. I started pouring only the "not for neighbors" stuff and now break them out on most occasions. Let me know if your impressions change.

BTW, I caught someone (who shall remain nameless) putting one in the dishwasher and almost had a coronary. I don't think they'd make it through one cycle. I'm afraid to handwash them, no less send them on a e-ticket ride for housewares. Thin is an understatement for the glass. I'll have to mic it and see. It's like 3/64" thick.

smile.gif

uh Linn, try nosing and tasting some Bourbon out of one these before you scoff! This glass was desiged/approvved by Elmer T lee, Jim Rutledge,David Pickerell and Jerry dallton. I know I could nose things I had never smelled before I put Bourbon in 1 of these glasses. They are great. You can finedem at www.b-21.com- no affliation, for 6.99 a glass. Buy 1 or 2.You wont be sorry!

Guest **DONOTDELETE**

Tim that's what I just did. I bought a four pack from Jim Beam's small batch web site. I put Baker's in mine. What have you got in yours?

Hmm... i have put mine through the dishwasher numerous times... I have this little thing that flips down from the top rack on my dishwasher and it hangs the glass upside down from the base... As far as i know the ridel vinum series of glasses is dishwasher safe, it is the thinner sommoliers series that is hand wash only...

http://www.riedelcrystal.com/page23.htm

above is what ridel says about washing...

Kristin,

I don't doubt that Riedel claims they're dishwasher safe. The rims just seem so fragile. Perhaps I'm just overprotective. I do love'm. I guess I should just lighten up. Its only a glass. To hell with it. Into the machine they go!!! I'll just express my propensity to consume and buy more if they break. More bourbon, more glasses. Someone has to save the economy.

cool.gif

Hello, For some reason, I had forgotten that there was this section on the forum. Today I am ordering my set of Riedel Bourbon Glasses. Thanks to all those that gave there imput on these. Creggor

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd bring forward this past thread on the Riedel Glasses and some comments on durability.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.