Kentucky Bourbon Burger at Carl's Jr.

TomFischer
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Have you seen the new advertisements for Carl's Jr.'s Kentucky Bourbon Burger? Or have you tried it? In the ad, a surgeon shares how much he loves having bourbon while at work. Then we realize he is speaking of the new Kentucky Bourbon Burger. Unfortunately, we don't have Carl's Jr. in Kentucky, so I haven't been able to sample this creation yet.

I interviewed Carl's Jr. about the burger and posted two TV commercials to BourbonBlog.com on this link http://www.bourbonblog.com/2009/03/bourbon-burger.html . They are partnering with celebrity mixologist Erica Lancelloti to promote it. You don't see a fast food chain do that very often, do ya?

I'd love to hear what this zero proof burger with bourbon in the glaze tastes like. If you are near a Carl's Jr. and can review it by video or written, that would be cool.

By the way, does anyone have their own bourbon burger recipe?

I received a promo email yesterday telling me it was available - a friend is visiting the US soon and i told him he 'needs' to try it when over there. :grin:

This seems to be a cheaper take on Red Robin's Whiskey River BBQ Burger (which is pretty good as is their chicken version).

Reviews of the Carl's Jr. Bourbon Burger (even the $6 version) have not been kind so far...

If you want to decide for yourself, you can grab a $1 off coupon from Carl's Jr. here.

I just finished one. Not terrible, just not memorable. I have no idea why it is called a Bourbon Burger. The sauce has no bourbon taste at all.

I just finished one. Not terrible, just not memorable. I have no idea why it is called a Bourbon Burger. The sauce has no bourbon taste at all.

They called it a bourbon burger so you'd buy it, and it worked.

Ed's sneaky bourbon burger recipe.

Brown sweet vidalia onion in butter. Once caramelized add a good shot of bourbon. (Off the flame, if you value your eyebrows)

Make burgers by taking two thin patties and putting a heaping spoonful of the onion mixture between them. Pinch them shut into one large, bourbon onion stuffed burger.

Grill until medium rare only. This is a bit tricky with onions in the middle.

Serve on toasted bun with no garnish, veggies, ketchup or other interfering flavors.

They called it a bourbon burger so you'd buy it, and it worked.

But not until a 2 for 1 coupon was used.

The serious point is that "bourbon" now sells. It says robust, flavorful, and adult. Most new consumer products are mostly just about having something new to talk about, to give the consumer a reason to pay attention. Naturally, they want to take advantage of currently popular trends. The point of this story is that bourbon has become a currently popular trend, by which I mean the idea of bourbon as much as bourbon whiskey itself.

My daughter who lives in LA, emailed me the YouTube link. It was great watching it again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.