you get Malt Advocate?

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Is anyone else out there besides me having trouble with their Malt Advocate subscription?

I didn't get my 4th Qtr '08 or 1st Qtr '09.

I emailed them and they sent me copies and asked me to contact my local Post Master and inform him that this is 1st Class mail and not junk mail.

OK, I did, now I am still waiting for the 2nd Qtr '09 issue.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Oscar V: Your second quarter issue is not MIA. It mails this week. Enjoy!

Membership, (SB.com), has it's advantages!

I buy it at the book store. I think I read in the last issue that they are changing the schedule a little.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it in today.

Two things stood out.

A very good article on bourbon warehouses titled, Kentucky Feng Shui.

Also a review of Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old.

The recent releases have been a bit woody but they say this one has the wood in check, scored a 96.

When did this recent release hit the store shelves?

I missed out on it.

I'm trying to get it. I just submitted a free issue subscription request for the 2nd time. Last time I did it was 2+ months ago.

Still waiting.

RE: Pappy 23. I tasted 2 different bottles at the sampler and didnt notice wood in either.

Got it in today.

Two things stood out.

A very good article on bourbon warehouses titled, Kentucky Feng Shui.

Also a review of Pappy Van Winkle 23 year old.

The recent releases have been a bit woody but they say this one has the wood in check, scored a 96.

When did this recent release hit the store shelves?

I missed out on it.

I only drink bourbon and rye so my question is should I get Malt Advocate is there enough in there that I would enjoy it? Because it's mostly about scotch right?

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly related..... I just cancelled my standing Whiskey Magazine order with my local news stand. Too often the magazine contained none, or almost no bourbon related stories.

So in it's place, I've subscribed to Chucks newsletter and The Bourbon Review. At least they always talk about bourbon ;)

Have you gotten it yet, Cam? I'm curious how long it takes to get there. I think I mailed in on the first.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.