I need to try this: Mary's Rare Breed

sysrick
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Mary’s Rare Breed – created by The Intoxicologist

http://intoxicologist.wordpress.com/2009/04/25/bloody-mary-blitz-changing-the-base-spirit-to-bourbon-gin/

via http://twitter.com/bourbonwhiskey

3 dashes Celery Salt

3 dashes White Pepper

6 turns Fresh Ground Garlic Sea Salt

4 dashes Tabasco

6 dashes Worcestershire Sauce

3 to 4 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters

Squeeze of Half a Lime

2 ounces Wild Turkey Rare Breed Bourbon

Clamato Juice

Jalapeño Olives skewered for Garnish

It sounds like something my wife would drink, if she drank bourbon. But for me, it sounds too spicy.

I recently tried a regular Bloody Mary and despite my doubts I really enjoyed it! I don't have a single one of those ingredients at home to make that recipe but it does sound quite interesting and hopefully someday I'll feel like spending the money picking up everything needed to make it. (It's just that even if I like it I probably wouldn't have it that often so, Rare Breed aside (I have been meaning to revisit this one...), I might not ever use any of that stuff again.)

• 5 weeks later...

sounds great! don't think i'll gather up the ingredients completely, but might minimize it...and maximize the spice! i think 5-6 dashes of tabasco...or something spicier. that's how i like it. but i admit, i've never had a bourbon bloody...

i actually never drink bourbon (practically) in spring or summer, but my love for Coke allows me to keep it around.

i think i'll give this a shot tomorrow (with what comparable ingredients i have in the pantry and bar)!

I recently tried a regular Bloody Mary and despite my doubts I really enjoyed it! I don't have a single one of those ingredients at home to make that recipe but it does sound quite interesting and hopefully someday I'll feel like spending the money picking up everything needed to make it. (It's just that even if I like it I probably wouldn't have it that often so, Rare Breed aside (I have been meaning to revisit this one...), I might not ever use any of that stuff again.)

Buy a $5 bottle of Zing Zang and mix 6 oz with a shot of the spirit of your choice - I like caraway flavored Akvavit here (and nowhere else!)

• 7 months later...
Buy a $5 bottle of Zing Zang and mix 6 oz with a shot of the spirit of your choice - I like caraway flavored Akvavit here (and nowhere else!)

• 2 weeks later...

I love Bloody Marys. :cool: It has never crossed my mind to make one with bourbon! I think I'll try one this weekend. I usually use my home infused pepper vodka for them. Steep a few halbanero peppers in your favorite vodka :hot: :hot: :hot: .

HB

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.