Spin-off/ Your last $15.00

hollywood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I enjoyed the comments of What Would Be Your Last Drink? It prompted me to think of not our favorites that usually are some of the most expensive, but if we had to spend our last $15 on a bottle of booze, what would it be? I would like to hear comments/feelings on our favorite affordable/everyday pours. For me "The Turk" rules! It doesn't matter-I'll take the 80 or the 101. Something about that yummy woody flavor that I taste. I'm anxious to hear everyones thoughts. See ya, H'wood cool.gif

Ancient Ancient Age 10 Year, no question. To Boot, some places will sell you a 1.75 for $15!!

BLEEE!

TomC

Since $15 bucks won't get you very far at PA liquor stores, I'd go for a pint of Knob Creek. I'd be enjoying a damn good whisky and would have enough of it to prepare me to meet the Grim Reaper.

SpeedyJohn

There's not many "fifth" bottles of bourbon that I can get around here for 15 bucks or less. The only one that fits the bill and is also worth it's weight in gold would be Very Old Barton BIB. That would be my pick. Perhaps Evan Williams 7 yr. would be a runner-up.

-Troy

Knowing where to shop is half the battle. I can get 750 ml bottles of Old Charter 12 yr "The Classic" for $15 at one local shop, David Nichols 1843 BIB (really ~ 7 year old Old Fitz BIB) for $15.50 at another, and Old Fitz 1843 for $15.50 anyplace. Of the 3, I think I've got to go with Old Charter 'The Classic'.

I guess I'd get a bottle of Beam White, yeah I know I could spend my last 15 bucks wiser but since we are talking about the last 15 bucks, I would be terribly depressed and the Beam would fit the mood.

Well, you can't get anything decent in Alabama for $15, so I will have to say a 375 ml Wild Turkey 101. grin.gif

Tim

You can get a bottle of KC for $15?? I can only get a 375ml for about $12.00 here. But then again I would probably search for a bottle of MM on sale for $14.99 grin.gifgrin.gif

T'Carl, I love Old Charter! I drink it regularly, and obviously drink it whether it was my last few bucks or not. Thanks for the reply. I posted this to see what people like to drink affordably. You know in the $15-20 range, give a few cents. My old man was drinking "Charter" years ago. I guess you go with what you know. grin.gif I used to sneak "a pull" when I was a kid! Don't tell anyone. laugh.gif See ya, H'wood cool.gif

For my last $15 it would be a toss up between EC12 and MM...no wait, forget that. It would easily be OF 100. I forgot about that one for a moment since all I have in the house at this time is the OF86, which is quite forgetable IMHO. tongue.gif

Jeff, I hear you! I like the MM, and ALL of the OF stuff! Partner, as I've made clear before the EC12 confused.gifmad.gif wheeeeeew...I'm going to stay away from it.....far away. Thanks, H'wood cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Is OF the Old Fitz or the Old Forrester? I can't get the former here in NC, but I love what I've tasted of it. Here in NC, the Olf Forrester 100 has become the daily pour. Hmmmmm.

OF=Old Forrester. You know, I have never tried any of the olf Fitz bottlings. I probably should as I like wheated bourbons and there are only so many of then to enjoy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.